Chapter Seven

Ellies pov

I was just sitting by the couch in the living room when Elizabeth started to blink.
"She's awaaaaake!" I called to mom and dad, who had gone to pack up the last few things and call the manager.
"You know, I kinda thought you were dead."

  I folded my arms on Elizabeth's stomach and looked up at her. She was really pretty,
  "I hope she isn't like David."
She blinked at me.
"Why?"
"Because. I couldn't find a pulse, but it's okay, cause you're not dead."

We stared at each other for a couple seconds in silence before mom bustled in.
"Dear! Thank goodness you're awake."
Elizabeth smiled at my mom. "Yeah."
Mom looked at me now.
"Ellbat, I need to talk to your friend, can you give us a few minutes?"
She acted like it was a question, but I knew I had to go.
"Okay," I stood up, looking back to grin and wave at Elizabeth.
She smiled and waved back.

"She can't be like David, she's too nice."
I decided before walking to my room.

...........
Elizabeth's pov

The static had gotten stronger, it was making it difficult to think.
As I watched Ellie's departing back, it spiked up and I couldn't help but wince.

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and looked up, Ellie's mom.
She smiled down at me kindly.
"Jake is packing a bag for you, there should be some pills that will help in the side pocket."

I looked up at her quizzically, how could she know that? How could she know anything about this really?
She must have seen the look on my face.
She let out a sigh and sat down beside the couch, where Ellie had been sitting not too long ago.

"You're not the only one who's tried to get away from it."
I stared at her with a shocked expression before quickly masking it. She let out a sad chuckle.

"No, not me, but I've had others like you come around. My best friend was one of you."
  She added quietly. Her eyes looked glossy.
There was an awkward silence.
"Did-" I started tentatively. "Did any of them, you know, survive? The ones you helped?"

She sighed. "I don't know, I can only hope."
She stood up and brushed her jeans off although there was no dust on the floor, or anywhere for that matter.
   She walked over to a shelf that had a few things left and ripped a bit of paper off of a notepad. She scribbled something down and walked back over, handing it to me.

"This is my number, if you ever need a place to stay, food, or anything, just call me, I will help as much as I can."

  I felt my eyes stinging. She was a total stranger, and if she had dealt with people like me before, she must know she was putting her life in danger.
I looked down at the number and my face flushed as I remembered something.

"Um, sorry, I forgot, but I don't have anything I can contact you with."
She let out a small laugh. "There's a burn phone in your bag, along with some other stuff you'll need. I do hope it helps."

  I smiled up at this woman, why had I ever wanted to be like this? There were beautiful people in this world, it was worth it to just be human.

"Honey, it's almost time to go." Her husband, Jake, said from the doorway. She looked back and nodded.
She reached a hand down and helped me up.
  "You're clothes are in Ellie's room." She prodded me toward the doorway.
  I looked back.
"Thank you, Mrs..."
"Rose, just call me Rose."
I felt a grin tugging a the corners of my lips.
"Thank you.. Rose."

.......Time skip.....

After I got dressed and Ellie gave me the bag her parents had prepared, we all stood by the door.

Rose and Jake stood by as Ellie hugged me tightly.
"I'm gonna miss you, please come see us again, as long as you aren't like David I mean."

"Who's David?" I asked. I had heard Ellie say that name twice.
The atmosphere in the room got intense.

Ellie pulled down the collar of her shirt.
"He did this to me, it really hurt."
There was a deep scar spanning from below her collar bone, and heading diagonally up to her neck.

"Ellie, now is not the time."
  "I just don't want her to be like him, you won't, right?"

"Of course not!" I wasn't exactly sure what she meant, but if he hurt these people, I would never be like him.
'good'

The next thing I knew, we were all heading outside. Ellie's family to out things in their car, and me to get my crowbar.

Even if I don't plan on killing anyone, I still need protection.

I hitched the black backpack higher up as I stood up, the familiar feeling of my crowbar settling in my hands.
Ellie's family honked as they drove by. I waved back at a smiling Ellie.

Here I was again. This time, I was prepared.

................................

This story is mediocre, but that's alright, I hope you enjoyed, buh bye!
<( ̄︶ ̄)>

💖Vote, comment & have a good day/night💖