Chapter Nine

Elizabeth ran until she entered an area with more buildings and a paved asphalt area.

The sun was setting and she decided she didn't want to sleep on the ground again.
She began walking slowly, scanning the buildings around her.

"That one"

The kind voice said as Elizabeth looked at a big whitish building with a lot of windows. There were a few cars parked in the front.

Once she was inside, she approached a desk with a man behind it as the voice instructed.

"Hello! I would like to rent a room?"

She said, following the cues from the voice.

"Name?"
The man asked, eyes not leaving his computer.

"Umm, Elizabeth?"

He looked up at her. After a second of Elizabeth staring back quizzically he let out a small sigh.

"Last name?"

"Oh, well, actually-"

"Fallsi"

"Fallsi?"

The man nodded and went back to his computer, after a few seconds he looked back up.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I can't find a reservation under that name, did anyone else perhaps make it for you?"

"Reservation?"

He looked at her reproachfully.

"You..do have a reservation?"

Elizabeth looked down.

"Well, no."

The man shook his head,

"Well, I'm sorry, but without a reservation I can't give you a room."

It was Elizabeth's turn to sigh.

"Thank you, sorry for taking up your time."

"It's no problem, we don't really have a lot of people here, so it was getting kinda boring."

There was a ding and a whoosh sound. A young woman walked out of the elevator, talking quickly and quietly on her phone.

"I'm coming out, see you in a second."

Elizabeth and the guy looked at each other. It was a weird thing for someone to whisper about.
  The guy shrugged at Elizabeth as the woman opened the door and left.

"Welp, bye?"
Elizabeth said awkwardly as she started leaning toward the door.

"See ya." The guy waved, turning back to his computer.

Elizabeth hurried out. She felt like there was something she needed to see.

She quickly opened the door, closing it silently behind her.

She felt helpless for a second as she couldn't see the girl, but those feelings were quickly quenched as she heard voices from around a corner.

Quietly walking toward the sound, she caught some conversation.
They were talking about someone called, "Jay"?

She slowly peaked around the corner, her eyes quickly hooked on to the source of the voices and she almost had a heart attack.

She threw herself back to the wall she was leaning against, her heart rate going mad.

"It's the man!"

There he was, in the flesh, the man she had seen Him going after.

She peaked around the corner again. It was definitely him.

"How did he survive?"

That thought was quickly followed by another, more terrifying? Positive? She didn't know how to feel, thought.

"This guy..survived? Does that mean...I can too?"

She heard the sound of a car starting and she took off in the opposite direction, away from the car sound, and away from the forest.

She was running, again. But this time it was different.

"He survived, that man made it out alive. I can too."

Confidence filling her with every step she took,

"Maybe, I can win. Maybe I'm not as replaceable as I thought. Maybe..."

She let her thoughts drift off as  she increased her pace.

"Maybe..I can keep my freedom."

-------------------

I hope y'all liked it!!
That's the last we'll be hearing about any of the Marble Hornets bros.

💞✨Vote- comment- and have an amazing day/night!!✨💞

P.s.
  You may notice that I don't edit bc I'm too lazy to.