Chapter 14

Cecilia pov
It was odd not having the reckless, overly competitive atmosphere around for couple of days. I guess Alec always gave that lively feel to the hang outs.

"Cecilia?" Colin spoke making me snap out of my thoughts, "Are you okay? You look like you have a lot on your mind."

I gave him a smile and replied, "Yeah, it's nothing."

"Where is he?!" Jess stomped around in anger. Everyone was at my place till Blake came in saying Cindy was throwing another party. Which made Kyle go back home and change his clothes.

As for Ethan, he was supposed to be back by now but he's taking awhile. "Where did Ethan go all of a sudden? He's not even picking up his phone," Jess complained.

I can't help but feel like Colin is staring at me. But I'm too self conscious to look at him and make another awkward eye contact.

We've been making a lot of awkward eye contacts after the whole fight with Seth incident.

Colin has been giving me the butterflies and it's making me nervous. The more I look at him the more things I've started to notice. He has broad shoulders and is probably a bit more taller than Alec.

His mesmerising dark blue eyes and the way his eyes lit up when talked about his interest. That cute laugh when something funny happens and-

"Earth to Cecilia?" he let out a chuckle. I cursed at myself, I had been directly staring at his face. I felt my cheeks burn up and avoided his eyes. First Alec... Now Colin?! I've got to stop staring at people's faces like that.

Ethan had finally showed up and now we had to go pick Kyle up. Strangely Colin has been talking more often than he normally does.

"Alright, everyone is here let's go," Ethan looked happy today. He had been looking worried or distracted by something these past few days. Maybe he was worried about Alec. Something good must've happened today then.

"You guys again?" Cindy seemed hopeful yet annoyed. Her eyes looked around us. Searching around for someone then looked disappointed. "Tch, he's not here again," she spoke with a disappointed tone.

"Alec? Yeah whatever that asshole has disappeared for days now," Jess rolled her eyes.

"Then go bring him," she pouted.

"I'm only hosting parties in hopes that he would show up," Cindy murmured. That caught Jess's attention and she laughed hysterically, "Like I've said multiple times before, he will never like you."

"Wow it's like The Great Gatsby. But Cindy is Gatsby and Alec is Daisy," I let out. Everyone looked at me as if I was some weird creature.

It felt like I killed the party vibe. I let out an awkward smile, "Heh, sorry never mind."

Then I heard laughter coming from beside me. Colin was laughing, "I get it but the way the atmosphere changed."

"Oh well at least my house is pretty glamorous enough to attract him," Cindy rested her hand on her hip.

"Pfft, yeah right. Then why hasn't he showed up till now," Jess smirked.

"Maybe I should throw a party too, to attract Alec. I mean he HAS been gone for days," I joked. Which caught Cindy's attention.

"Uh? No offence but I'm pretty sure your place sucks," Cindy confidently spoke. Jess shook her head, "You'd be surprised."

"Why?"