Chapter 17

Alec pov
The snob looked like she was so done with my bullshit. "I'm sorry, can I come in?" I awkwardly smiled.

She let out a deep sigh, "Where have you been?" and stepped inside. I walked behind her, "Just trying to figure myself out."

"Uh huh. Sure. Why are you here? I have to go out to a family brunch soon," she spoke. No wonder why she looks dressed up. I mean she always does but she looked even more dressed up today.

"What time are you guys going out?"

"Mmm, an hour later," she let out a small smile. It looked fake, "Don't smile if you don't want to," that caused her to form a surprise look on her face.

I surprised myself too, "Uh, I mean nothing ignore that," I let out an awkward laugh.

Fake smiles reminded me of that miserable face she always had. Maybe I feel sentimental after finally having to properly thought about mom since months. It's probably even the reason why I could tell a fake smile from miles away. Been and seen too many not to know the difference.

"But that's enough time," I smirked.

"Enough time for what?" she looked puzzled. Oh how I missed the puzzle look on the snob's face. It made me let out a chuckle.

I left in time before that old man got to the house and I've quite missed seeing familiar faces.

"Let's hang out till you go out with your family, come on," I grabbed her hand and dragged her to which she stopped.

I looked behind me and she spoke, "Hang out doing what?"

"You have a cinema down stairs right? Let's go watch something." Strange, she's acting different around me. Or am I being sensitive?

She would usually avoid my eye contact and glance at me from time to time.

But today she's definitely confronting me and there's no more nervousness around her. It somehow made me feel anxious and uneasy.

Shit, I'm starting to feel sad like her. I don't want to be like her, fucking miserable.

Without a second thought my instinct made me pull the snob towards me and I subconsciously hugged her.

I came back to my senses and realised what I had done. This is so awkward but why isn't she pushing me away?

The hug lasted for a brief moment until the doorbell rang but it felt like we were stuck in time. I let my arms drop back to my sides and she awkwardly smiled, "I'm going to go get that."

In return I nodded.

"Hey Cecilia!" Colin smiled brightly, "Let's use the cinema. I wanted to use that place for a long-" as he saw me his smile disintegrated.

I let out a smirk, "Hey Colin! Long time no see."

He was smiling brightly?! What the hell am I saying? Who is this person? What have they done to my Colin?! I was horrified.

"What is he doing here?" he spoke in monotone with an expressionless face. Ah, that's the Colin I know. I smiled to myself in relief.

"Hey! Since both of you want to watch a movie. Let's all go down," she seemed more cheerful. Whatever, as long as I don't have to be in that shitty household.

All three of us were downstairs. Colin and I were already sitting down on the big red comfy sofa.

It was more of a bed no wait more of a sofa. Actually it was a hybrid of a sofa and a bed. Sofa bed, that sounds better or is it called a theatre bed?