Arayna Oberoi

I reached back office 3:40 after
meeting Valerina, I still had 20 minutes before meeting with Mr Francis from Rosseau Productions. I opened google and did some reasearch on both the Production house as well as the man, David Francis. One of the most important rules of business 'Do your homework well before every meeting.'

David Francis was a man in his early thirties and he had started his career with Rosseau Productions itself right from the base level and today was the head costumes manager there.

Evelyn entered my office notifying me that Mr. Francis was here. I nodded and asked her to send him in. As soon as he entered and looked at me I could see that expression of shock on his face and I made my first judgement there 'the man didn't know a thing about me and was shocked that the owner was a young girl. Yes my identity was a secret to all but a little study would tell him that much information. People say judging someone is wrong, but in business its all about making the correct judgments, to form a perception about them, to know how much they are worth your time.

I stood up and put my hand forward to shake "Good Evening Mr. Francis. Welcome to Zainav Fashions." that is when he cleared up his shocked expression and gave a small smile shaking my hand "Good Evening Miss..." he trailed off.

"Miss Arayna Oberoi" I finished it for him and continued "Please take a seat."

He sits on a chair opposite me and clearing his throat he said "Our managing committee has been looking at your work since quite some time now and I must say we are impressed and now after knowing you are so young I was so surprised, I am all the more delighted, truly, we have been closely following all your events too and...."

"Mr. Francis I would really appreciate if you didn't beat around the bush and came straight to the point. Also, if you have been closely following me so much you wouldn't be surprised with the fact that I am so young." I cut him off, enough with the buttering. He thinks I am a young girl and he can buy me into anything with all this sweet talk.

"Oh ye..yes definitely. So as I was saying I have an amazing offer, which will definitely give a new light to your company, it will help you reach the height you never imagined." he said with a bright smile that was so irritating. He sounded like a butter factory.

I gave him a look that stated 'come straight to the point'. Fortunately this time he got the hint and continued "Rosseau Productions is willing to sign a contract with you for five years of exclusive designing for any of their movies and events." he said with an excited smile on his face meaning to say this is the best offer to ever come knocking on my door.

"Will I be the sole designer?" I asked him, he shook his head in a no.

I understood what exclusive contract here meant, that all my designs will only be for Rosseau Productions and I will not be allowed to work for other clients before he could say more I added "So, my designs only belong to Rosseau, but I am not the only designer fo Rosseau. Mr. Francis, we do not enter into exclusive contracts, thank you for your amazing offer but I'm not interested." I said with clear sarcasm that his offer was of no interest to me.

"You are making a mistake Arayna, your association with Rosseau Productions will change your life and don't forget the amount of money you will make." he said irritated that I was rejecting his offer.

"Mr. Francis, I have made my point clear, I am not entering into an exclusive contract, Zainav Fashions does not want to become bonded labourers. I suggest you don't waste both our time also, it is Miss Oberoi to you." I stated in an even tone but with enough force that he knows he has agravated me.

"You are too young to understand business. You are taking this decision with your ego and not brains, so what if you're not the sole designer, how does it matter!" he said with a raised voice and I was beyond angry at this point, the hell he is raising his voice in my office. I took a deep breath to calm myself.