Its all about Perspective

Arayna Oberoi

I didn't know what was happening, why was I letting this man dance with me and as if that was not enough I was dragging him down the streets of Paris not even knowing where to go. One thing I did know was him; Steven Richards, 'One of the youngest billionaire Investor', I mean who didn't know him and this situation could land me in so much trouble. With his eligible bachelor image the media was all over him digging to get any information on him. I on the other hand; who always kept low from the media and paparazzi didn't want to become part of any scandal.

So the question again is why am I with him, I am sure alcohol is to be blamed for this because this is not me; not Arayna Oberoi and for some reason today I didn't want to be Arayna, I wanted to be Ari.

I did not realise I had spoken that part aloud until I hear him repeat more like a question, "Ari?"

He looks at me with his brows raised. I just shake my head and point towards a park having a big fountain at the entrance. I just absentmindedly say, "I love fountains" and start walking towards the park dragging him along.

Its closing time for the park but we somehow sneak in and Steven doesn't question or stop me. We walk around the fountain and stop at the point farthest from the front gate so that no one can spot us.

Removing my heels I sit at the edge of the fountain dangling my legs in the water knowing its not allowed but we've already broken rule by getting in the park after hours. I see Steven follow me and he sits besides me. Looks like he is used to breaking the rules. The lights of the park were slowly shutting off and so was the water flowing in the fountain.

I hit the water beneath collected in a pool with my legs and the water splashes; few drops landing on my face and some on Steven as well. The water is very cold given the temperature outside.

"Oops sorry!" I say looking at him. He raises his eyebrows at me and says, "I know you're not," then lets out a soft chuckle.

"So, what's the occasion or the reason?" He continues after a short pause. I look up at him questionably not understanding the context. He understands and continues, "You're pretty drunk, alone at a club, dancing away to your own music..." he says trailing off. I just shrug my shoulder and continue splashing water. He understands I am not going to talk about it and just leaves it there.

The sober me would have never done this but I am not Arayna; I'm Ari. Ari is me before this day happened seven years ago; carefree, positive, so much love for life and just living to the fullest. 'I miss Ari.'

I didn't realise I had zoned out and spoken aloud again until Steven asks, "Who's Ari?"

"Someone I wish I could be." I reply looking straight into space. I can feel his eyes on me, studying me waiting for me to elaborate but knowing that I wouldn't he doesn't push me.

Maybe this is the reason I let him accompany me today. I liked the fact that he's not initiating much conversation, trying to small talk or questioning but just keeping company; maybe that is just what I need for today a good silent company.

I am drunk but not stupid, I know he is silently observing me, not just my moves but also my face, my expressions; he is an investor afterall, he has to be calculative and analysing but I know I am not giving much away. That is the best thing I have learnt growing up becoming Arayna Oberoi nad I hope I am able to keep up this pretence.