[one]

After all these years

3 years later~

Miyeon's POV:

Shortly after my mother died, I moved to America. I needed some time alone to get used to the sudden tragedy. So my family let me go. It was more like a journey to discover myself and learn more about the outer world.

My brother and father stayed in Korea. Though dad usually doesn't stay for more than a day or so. For his bussiness, he moves and travels to overseas frequently.

He nearly has time for his family, which is only me and my elder brother. We never complained about it. He'll forever be the most caring father and the loveliest husband in our eyes.

He never let us go near the feeling that someone important was missing in our family. He played the role of both a mother and a father, which I found extremely amusing.

I'm sure my mom would be proud too.

As for me, I'm alone in America. Not actually alone. I share an apartment with my best friend. She's moving out soon for some personal issues so I'm basically alone. I don't mind the loneliness though. I find it oddly nice.

Life's been different on many scales for me after I moved here. I pretty much changed alot both by appearance and personality.

I had knee touching long blonde hair. Now I've short raven hair with purple highlights, which is above my shoulders. I realized that it did take quite a lot of guts to do that. Like any other girls, I treasured my hair.

I'm glad I cut it anyway. Saves time and energy. I also became a little tall.

As for my personality, it changed too. I don't know if it's a positive one or negative. I was a cheerful and naive girl who'd show her 28 teeth in every situation.

Yes pretty ugly.

But now I'm more likely to be cold and less reactive to the occurrences or people around me. It's like I'm immune to any of those emotions. That's the only thing I find unconvincing about living alone.

When you are out of company for a long time or you simply choose not to have it, you start forgetting the warmth of camaraderie and togetherness and eventually grow cold on the inside without being cognizant about it.

I also had to train my mind and body in a special way. Well, I'm kinda special. I'm different and hard to fit in with normal people. It's not like I'm mentally or physically sick or something, I'm just special.

Enough self description.

My phone was ringing out loud, almost slaughtering my eardrums. Man, I should keep it in vibrate mode. It gets annoying when the notifications keep popping with tting-tting sound.

When I saw my father's caller id on the screen I knew something was up. He's usually very busy so he doesn't have much time to call.

"Miyeon, it's high time you quit your lonely life. I'm very worried for you. I want you to come to Korea and live with your brother. He'll take good care of you." Dad said over the line with a worried intonation, skipping the boring introductions.

He meant serious business.

Crap.

Holy crap.

"Take care dad? Him? He can't even wash his own underwear properly. He even sleeps with a teddy bear because he's afraid to sleep alone. He's someone you'll faint just by a mere slap. He's not qualified to take care of me." I hissed inconspicuously, pouring out all kind of nasty unrealistic stuff that my brother had possibly done in his 20 years long life.