Chapter 1: Always Faithful

*John F. Kennedy Airport, 0920 Hours EST*

Once he arrived at the curbside reserved for pickup services, Evan pulled out his phone and checked the message informed about his ride. As he scrolled through countless contacts and group chats, he noticed the numbers of people and cars around him did not subside as time passed by. From the continuous rumbling of passing vehicles to the planes shrieking across the sky, this place pretty much reminded him of Base Camp Lejeune.

"Uber for Evan Jackson? Heading for Javits Center, right?"

Evan followed the voice to see a driver calling out to him from a blue Subaru. A nice looking teenage girl with a silky maple short hair faced him as her face fell into his view. Her fair skin was as smooth as an artist could stroke his brush across a canvas without interruption. What was surprising about the girl was the fact that she has this obvious large cat ears on top of her hair. In addition to that bizarre characteristic, he noticed her sparkling amber pupil was stunningly beautiful and somewhat hypnotizing.

Evan quickly looked down on his phone once again to confirm the information about his Uber ride. It would be a lot easier if he ordered the ride himself, but Junior was very persistent when it came to returning a favor. For what they had gone through in the Middle East and Russo-American War, this was one way of Junior repaying him.

With the provided screenshot, the Uber ride parking right in front of him looked the same as the description in the message. A blue Subaru with the same number plating and the woman profile matched her look, minus the wig she was wearing at the moment.

"Jessica Hudson?" Evan asked as he lowered his head down to window-level. For one last time, he wanted to confirm if it really was her.

"That's right, sir," the girl answered with an upbeat attitude. She reminded him of one of those young employees who worked with their over-the-top commitment and energetic convictions. Either they were an office worker or in the military. Evan wished people around his age, including himself, would have the same dedication as the younger generation.

"And I supposed Junior sent you?"

"Junior? Oh, you mean Carl? Yeah, he's an old friend of mine back in high school." Jessica exited her car and walked over to him; at the same time, she took a quick glance of what kind of luggage he was bringing with him. "You traveled pretty light, aren't ya?"

"Yeah, I'm only staying here a couple of days."

"Still, you are here. Welcome to New York City, a city that never sleeps." Jessica then started hinting toward the only duffle bag sitting beside Mason's side. "Do you need any help with your luggage?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Great," Jessica exclaimed as she snatched the bag off the ground and headed toward the trunk. "I'll be right behind you."

Following her instructions, Evan climbed into the car but only to be greeted by a face full of an outfit hung in the backseat. Instead of a business suit or some nice looking dresses that people usually put in their cars, it was a white and blue short dress that was heavily decorated with lots of bow ties. It was like some fashion designer decided to create an outfit from a female nightgown and prom dress but failed halfway through his creation. Complimenting the bizarre dress was a pair of blue thigh high stockings and doll shoes. It was a strange sight, but if the girl was driving her customers around, shouldn't she be putting the dress in the trunk?

The driver's door swung open, snatching Mason's attention back to the front and he was once again greeted by Jessica's energetic expression. After seeing straight in her eyes twice, it was possible to draw an assumption that she might be Junior's long lost sister. She was pretty much the female version of Junior, optimistic and respectful.