Chapter 4: Operation Eagle's Perch

"Alright, boys! Gather around and listen up!"

With their ragtag attitude, the First Platoon formed a circle around their commanding officer. As Evan eyed every individual that he will lead them into battle, he made sure to pay close attention at his own tank crew. Although all of them appeared to be at ease, he knew his men were itching to put a fight to those Lystyn-tian.

"First off, is everything good and ready to go at the moment notice?"

"Everything fine and dandy, sir," the platoon's SNCO, Master Sergeant Joseph Cooks, answered eagerly.

"Good, I will be quick about this since the entire invasion force will be moving out in the next couple of hours." All the heads in the group turned to look at each other excitedly, Evan continued after he got their interests. "The mission is simple. Our platoon will be the spearhead of the assault. The primary objective for our company will be the first line of defense. With that in mind, if we do a good job, some reinforcements will relieve us sooner than later. Specific orders of how we are going to play out will come once we'll be on the other side of the Gate. However, from what I know so far, the top brass are planning to build an FOB. For all of those who didn't notice it yet, some of the Army mechanized units and armored divisions will be joining us for this operation too. Any questions so far?"

"Spearhead of assault... " Cooks mentioned the phrase from his briefing, and the stress was evident in his SNCO tone. "You mean we will be the first platoon to see the enemies?"

"Not exactly. We will see them and they will see us. But those numbskulls will have a long way to go in order to engage us."

"Dude, grow some balls and think about it for a sec." Woods stepped in front of the group and threw a disappointed look toward his SNCO. "We kicked their ass in this city. There's no way we are going to lose to some half-ass wielding swords and magic. "

"Nobody asked for your opinion, Woods. I doubt this operation because this is not the normal enemies and world we'll be invading."

Sensing the mood would only go down south at this point, Junior quickly jumped in and broke off the argument by asking another question. "What kind of enemy are we expecting, Lieutenant?"

"Men playing dress up and wield swords and sometimes cast magic? Magical creatures and some shits similar to it? I thought you know this kind of stuff, Private Watson, because this is your expertise after all. Might as well award yourself a P.H.D. in this kind of field."

"Um, well..."

"Yeah, next thing we know he will keep blabbering on how he want to fuck a cat girl and elf!" The other crewmen, specifically the guys from Sergeant Mark Rodriguez's tank, started laughing their ass off when one of the guys suddenly joked about Junior's hobby. "Hey, might as well be the first guy to crossbreed and see if your child can gain supernatural power!"

"Oh yeah?" Not afraid to back down from the insult, Junior snapped back at the group who ganged up on him. "Let's see who will beg and follow my lead once I'll land myself a hot elf in another world. Don't go crying to me when you need my help to show how to put your dick inside their sweet, sweet pussy!"

"Everyone shut the hell up and let me finish my briefing!" Evan shouted and everyone immediately stood at attention. "I don't give a fuck if you are going to put your fucking dick inside a horse or a goddamn tree!" There was a slight snicker from the group, but Evan shushed them immediately with an irritated gaze.

"Just make fucking sure you bunch of twats are combat-ready by the time I need you to. Mission comes first, then you all are free to do anything else that doesn't cost your life or health. Don't come crying to me or the doctor when you lose your precious dick to a dragon. I'm sure no insurance is going to cover that. Now, roundup for one last check-up. We will move out in exactly forty-five minutes... Cooks, Wittman, and Rodriguez, I need to borrow you guys for a sec."