Chapter Forty-One

Okay, been a few days, right? I was ill, haven't been behind the computer for a few days. But I'm gonna make it up to you! I'm going to post as many chapters today as you missed because I didn't post them yesterday and the days before. How'd you like that? :D

Anyway, enjoy this first chapter of the day. It's a cool one, I think ;)

Enjoy!

-=-=-=-

          “Terrance.”

          After a day's walk, June finally entered the bedroom where he was working. It was already dark outside, as night had fallen hours ago. Inside, a single candle on the desk lit the room.

          He didn't look up when she said his name, didn't even seem to notice her. He just kept his gaze locked on the book, quickly shifting from page to page, muttering “Why...”

          “Terrance, I'm back,” she said and put her hand on his shoulder.

          He sighed, then growled. “I said not to disturb—June? I-It's you...? Is Blake back too? He needs to know, they took Maya!”

          “He took Maya,” she answered. “Blake is the one that took her.”

          “What? No. That can't—why would he do that? That doesn't make any sense, June.”

          “It's true.”

          “But-”

          “Can you see him around here now? No. Because he's not here—I left him at the camp with Nikolai,” she said, annoyed. “I... I thought he came to save me, but only wanted my locket. I managed to steal it back before making a run for it. But... I don't know where Maya is, but I fear she's with Blake. In the camp...”

          “The camp,” he muttered. “How many wolves are there?”

          “I-eh... Fifty or sixty, I think,” she said. “I'm not sure. Why?”

          He growled. “Because we need to get her back.”

          “By... by attacking them?”

          “What else? I doubt they'll allow for another breakout by simply sneaking into camp. The only way to get Maya safe from harm is to take her, for they sure as Hell aren't going to give her back to us!”

          “But it's suicide,” June said. “You want to go there and fight everybody? Fifty wolves?! You can't. There's too many of them!”

          “The Hell I can't!” Terrance roared. “They took Maya—I'm going to make them pay. Each and every one of them!”

          She put her hand on his shoulder to calm him down, but he shrugged it off.