Chapter 2 ~ It's Time

A/N Shoutouts at the end lovelies <3 hurry up and read to see if it's you!

~

Cameron Dallas P.O.V

I was impatiently standing in the hallways waiting for Bethany anxiously, petrified of another tragedy. I revolved around to go check up on her but I bumped into a tall and buffed figure.

Stanley. "Looking for this piece of crap?" He smirked, holding Bethany by the collar of her long sleeve, denim shirt. "Let her go!" I exclaimed, attempting to shove him with all my strength.

But to my adversity, he didn't budge, instead he chuckled unethically. He tugged on several strands of her hair. "I'll pull this shit out if you don't hand me over 20 bucks," Stanley threatened.

Without reluctance, I threw the required money in his direction. He lifted Bethany, shoving her towards me and I clutched her perfectly before she hit the ground.

"Oh wait no I meant 30. 10 bucks short," Stanley bribed and my eyes widen in terror. "I don't have anymore money! I promise!" I strived to consult but he scowled at me.

"Well that's too bad then," He sneered, crackling his knuckles against the palm of his other hand. He gradually tramped towards me, "Leave him alone!" Bethany pleaded and Stanley sniggered. "Don't worry I'll send someone over for Beth too," He assured mockingly.

"Bethany run!" I shouted and Stanley threw his first aggressive punch. "I can't just-," "Please!" I entreated, trying my superior to get out of his grip by kicking my feet destructively, "Shut the f*ck up," Stanley warned before knocking me out with his most powerful hit.

-

"Cameron, CAMERON, CAMERON!" My eyelids fluttered open after someone had repetitively shook my shoulders. The shouts of worry and fret wouldn't cease to an end. I gasped for air, attempting to synchronise my breathing. Bethany hauled me in for a hug almost immediately and I gently wrapped my arms around her in return.

My heart was frightfully pounding against my chest. I noticed my whole body was filled with sweat, even the sheets of my lustreless bed. The bright and sudden lighting had shocked my eyes, taking me a while to adjust. I sighed in relief, easing my mind. "You were crying and screaming I got so worried," She whimpered on my shoulders.

That's right. Not only does Stanley frighten me at school, but at home too. My momentary naps or restless sleeps always ended abominably. His clique is also one of the many reasons I don't go out publicly.

"What time is it?" I questioned, placing a hand through my damp and muggy hair. "10:00am. It's Saturday and Bailee, Hamilton and I wanted you to tag along and come with us to the mall," Bethany invited. "Hamilton?" I interrogated, utterly confused.

"Yeah it's Nash's real name! Can you believe it?" She cracked up in laughter. Noticing her smile encouraged me to smile too, and I joined her in the laughter moments after. It was almost a point where I abandoned everything dispiriting and despairing that had occurred in our lives.

Our original plans on Thursday abruptly came to a halt as I came home with a few but more severe than usual injuries. I had to generate a false excuse as to how I got them since Bethany's concealers couldn't handle it's solemnity.

The story was that Nash and I were playfully mucking around on the school staircase when I slipped and held onto him, accidentally jerking him down the stairs with me. We were both excused from school for Friday to heal our wounds. Bailee and Bethany just called in sick.

Wondering how the group of lowlives found out about Nash and Bailee's plans? Well.. Becky had left her phone in the classroom on Thursday afternoon, intentionally recording the conversation with Bailee and Nash. Of course it all went downhill from there, being revealed that they only had the intention of helping us.

"Cameron It's time for a change. I'm getting my braces taken off, a new hairstyle, contact lenses and new clothes. Please consider it too," She pouted and I shrugged my shoulders, forcing my feet off of the cosy mattress.

"Now clean yourself up and meet me at my place. You're going." She determined and concluded for me. I chuckled at her bold and audacious attitude before following her demands.

~

A/N

Thank you to these people who gave me incredible feedback and support on the first 2 chapters!

1. Danieh_Dallas
She is AMAZING to talk to and I can't thank her enough for the support she has given <3

2. Httpmaukie
ANOTHER amazing chick I'm glad I met on wattpad! Love her to bits for her support <3

3. georgie0468
Gorgeous homegirl!! She also has her own amazing fanfic so check it out!

4. magconmonkey
OMG DONT GET ME STARTED ON THIS HOMIE!!! magconmonkey is PERFECTION! She has been there for me for such a long time suwnwiwhwkwuw I love her fanfic Love is Love.

5. hayleym114
SUCHHH a sweet girl!! Amazing support from her <3

6. Jazzy_thefangirl
SHE'S THE BIGGEST CUTIEEE! I love talking to her! She's really easy to talk to and also incredible support

7. and I can't forget about this one
YOU GUYS THAT ARE GHOST READING MY FANFIC! Ahahahaa I still love you all and I hope you are enjoying this book so far!! Thank you so much for the reads ilyyy all x

Stay tuned for the next chapter! x mwaahhhh

- jasmine xx