Chapter 8 ~ Traumatizing Past 2

A/N
IM SOOOOO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! I did announce I was only going to post once a week because school has really taken my attention away *flashes rude finger at school*. It hasn't been a week yet but I wanted to update AND THANK YOU FOR 3K VIEWS IT MEANS THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all so so so muchhhh for your patience and dedication xxo mwaaahhhhh

~

- Flashback -

Cameron Dallas P.O.V

Everyone that had attended Granny's funeral were gradually - in a single file - carefully dropping white roses onto her coffin.

It was my obligation next and I positioned mine onto the center, kissing my cadaverous fingertips and lingering it on her extortionate coffin for a brief moment.

The glass and considerably-constructed case revealed Grandma Heather in an astonishing pastel violet dress. Her usual dull, grey hair styled in a bun was surprisingly unoccupied and curled.

Her emerald, hazel eyes were enclosed as she was in infinite darkness.

I was soothingly and harmoniously strolling back to my seat when I felt a frosty breeze, bluster past me. My first urging instinct was to glance up.

The grey skies began to scatter away leisurely and a microscopic streak of light escaped from the gaps. "Hi grandma," I whispered and displayed a weakened, distressed smile.

Her monument was situated in the middle of the graveyards as grandpa elevated from his seat to announce a few words in memory of her. He strengthened his balance with his timber walking stick.

My family and I were shedding numerous tears at the burial. Grandpa depicted their love story beautifully in just a few fleeting sentences.

His favourite and most memorable moments they spent together to their insignificant arguments.

Grandpa was fitted nicely in the supposed tuxedo he sported at their wedding. His incomplete set of grizzled hair was enveloped in a black G-Star Raw hat - one of grandma's all-time favourite high street fashion stores.

You can - with no difficulty - spot the sorrow in his eyes. As it was grandpa's turn to go up to the coffin and release the finale bouquet of flowers, he clutched the left side of his chest and gasped.

He began to wince in pain and inhaling like his lungs failed to function. Just watching his daunting reaction almost made me feel pain too.

I was perplexed at the situation, not knowing what was going on but everyone charged to his side. They all towered over him in worry, blocking my view.

- End of flashback -

Bethany Mota P.O.V

"Grandpa suffered and died from a heart attack. He wasn't taking his required medicine regularly as he was just as depressed for his loss. My dad rushed to his side, he witnessed as his own father passed away. I can't imagine how traumatising that would've been." Cameron was able to effortlessly recount the foregone phenomenon without a single tear. I guess he wasn't overreacting at all when he enunciated never crying again.

"So after that my dad just broke down, it all went downhill from there. He started being very abusive and aggressive towards my mother both physically and sexually. He spent shit tons of money on alcohol at pubs, he even started gambling. He used up all of their life-savings and the money we received from granny and grandpa's will. We only had a little bit of cash left but not enough to pay the rent." By then I was bawling my heart out, I luxuriated my head on Cameron's chest pleasantly as he proceeded with his dispiriting history. I pinned my ear against his stiffened chest and perceived his heart beating rapidly.