Chapter 7 ~ Traumatizing Past

A/N

The past events told in this chapter and the next are completely made up for the sake of the story.

~
Bethany Mota P.O.V

I was discontentedly standing on the street curb, observing every vehicle that zoomed past and impatiently waiting to hail a cab.

"Imma, imma just go back to the party," Cameron chuckled, elevating from the worn-out, damaged and vandalised park bench before tripping over his own feet.

I groaned in fatigue before revolving around on my heel and trudging back to assist him. I wish he was at least sober enough to stroll back to my place, but the boy I was looking at wasn't his usual dignified and composed self.

He was dominated by the manipulative powers of alcohol. Cameron couldn't even situate himself by standing without becoming light-headed or unsteady.

"Why can't you just leave me?" It sounded more of a dictation than a question. "Because I care about you." I answered humourlessly but he continued to laugh.

"Nah nah nah, go care about that boy you talked about at Starbucks. I don't care about you." He scoffed like his mouth functioned on its own without the brain comprehending what to utter.

His last sentence triggered a mortifying emotion in me but I shrugged it off, assuming it was the alcohol talking. "What am I saying? Of course I care about you." His sudden mood change made me irritated.

"I care about you more than you'd ever care about me." He concluded and I wheezed at his inconceivable comment. Somehow the effective liquor made Cameron alternate from arrogant to genuine to affectionate.

"Yeah yeah stop talking Dallas and get in the taxi," I opened the transportation's creaky door and forced Cameron into the cab.

Thankfully he didn't withstand my order and acted obedient for a while. "But I wanna stay at the partyyyy," He whined naively, finally resisting.

"Excuse me sir, do you mind if we pick up an order from Pizza Hut before going to the destination?" I questioned, opening the barricade from the back of the taxi, so he was able to hear.

He nodded and shifted his cap indicating a yes so I closed the small barrier. I'm guessing that was installed to stop the driver from eavesdropping into the passenger's conversations.

Cameron continued to vocalise unclear whimpers. "Why can't you love me," I managed to distinguish but I laughed at how uncontrolled he was.

"Stanley was at the party." He murmured, glancing at me with his treacherously inflamed eyes. "You shouldn't worry about him anymore. Everyone loves you now." I assured assertively and he chuckled.

"Considering he's basically my step-brother I can't exactly not worry about him." He shot back, glaring at me. I gasped, in utter surprise at his statement. So that's what he has been so reluctant to notify me about.

"But I don't understand. If you're half-brothers why did he bully you the first day? Why don't you just tell your parents?" So many questions were free-flowing around my brain and the untamed temptation to ask more was already built up substantially inside of me.

Cameron leisurely laid his freezing cold and firm finger on my plumped lips, signalling me to be quiet. "I'm gonna start from the start, when I was five..."

- Flashback -

(All of the flashbacks are in Cameron's P.O.V)

Cameron's P.O.V