Chapter 12 - "It" Couple

A/N

Just a filler chapter! 'Twas split into 2 because of the length. Still under editing - ignore multiple publishes.

~

Bethany Mota P.O.V

"What if our parents' find out we ditched school?" Cameron questioned anxiously, immediately regretting his decision of leaving early as he was momentarily positioned still, awaiting for my response.

"They won't, it's almost recess anyway." I reassured from experience, chuckling to myself carelessly and opening the gates effortlessly. As the gates plummeted and granted us access, a breeze of chilly, refreshing and extremely pleasant breeze hit me.

My parents aren't really concerned about my attendance, behaviour - maybe but their awareness was mostly focused on my academic progress and rank. They are monumental believers of living life to the fullest, and I thoroughly appreciate that about them.

Well as long as I was accomplishing above average scores, they don't really care. I'm pretty sure Mrs Dallas wouldn't mind also, I mean, Cameron truly deserves some time off.I inhaled enormous amounts of oxygen in tranquility. "Come on." Hauling Cameron's homely and mellow hands, I skipped through the streets, his hand remaining in my grasp.

"I've been craving Starbucks all morning!" I exclaimed, as we speedily sauntered hrough a park. "Wait." He tugged my hand, preventing me from strolling any further.

"Look how cute that is!"

I followed his concentrated gaze in admiration and recognized his perfect description of cute. An old-aged and mature couple was situated in the middle of the park, on a bench.

The elderly lady was clutching a heart-shaped, pink balloon and the two were smiling warmly at each other. I always praise and appreciate couples like this.

It really does make me believe in love. I motioned Cameron over back to the direction of Starbucks. "Do you want to say hi to them" I interrogated, keen and eager myself at the thought.

"We should buy them coffee!" Cameron piped up as we entered the snug and toasty Starbucks subdivision. "Ok. I'll pay." I insisted and he laughed at my generous gesture.

"No. I'm the gentleman - I'll pay." He persisted, thrusting my cash-filled hand away from the resgister. "But you always pay!" I complained, attempting to make a point.

"Because I'm meant to." The cashier finally took the money out of Cameron's grip and prepared our to-go orders. "Hey Beth.." he trailed as we sat down on the luxurious leather couches.

"Yeah?" I beckoned him to continue but he forced his lips firmly together. "Tell me." I demanded and he sighed, recollecting all the times I've won in similar arguments like this.

"I really like how you braided your hair today." Cameron blurted, observing my hairstyle carefully. "ORDERS UP FOR RONNIE AND ANNIE!" A voice boomed from the counter, thankfully too because the tension was arising. The worker assisted us with our drinks whilst displaying a genuine, warm smile.

"Have a lovely day!" He called out as we exited the architecture. "Really Cam? Ronnie and Annie?" I inquired, clutching my stomach as I laughed profoundly and deafeningly at his actions.

We originally agreed that Ronnie and Annie would be between us and us only. "He won't remember. I just wanted to make you laugh." He persevered, guiding me to where the elderly couple maintained perched on.

"Excuse me sir and madam." Cameron cleared his throat and showed maturity, carefully choosing the words he were to express. They gaped up at us, appearing confused at first.