Chapter Seven: Remember Who You Are

The weekend had continued on relatively normally, only Erin stopped waking up bright and early. More often she woke up in the middle of her sleep or in the middle of naps. When she did wake up she would jolting herself upright and just sat there staring longingly into space until she had calmed down. She pushed that unbearable feeling away for moments of the day where she needed to interact, however, this only enhanced whatever was going on.

The Monday a few days later Erin came home as usual and The Advisor gave a run-down of things back home. Though today was different, there were many letters awaiting to be read.

Erin stepped closer to the table and picked up an odd looking letter. This letter was different from the rest, it was crumpled and creased as if it was stuffing into a small space. It had no envelope to put it in, just a sheet of paper and some writing. Erin slowly opened the letter as it read.

___________________________

Erin,

Got your message. Some inspectors came today, everyone was really loud for whatever reason. They mentioned looking around the basement, I presume that's where I am. I would give anything to see you again. I love and miss you.

Aiden.

____________________________

That is what Erin would've read if she had actually picked up the crumpled note. Instead her eyes laid their focus on the more crisp looking envelope behind it.

This letter was closed with the signature Ethar wax seal. A royal blue coloured wax with the Ethar coat of arms. This is how formal letters to and from the Royals in each state are sent.

Erin lifted the seal and pulled out a letter which read,

__________________________

Dear Her Royal Highness,

What a coincidence that you are still currently residing in Elming as there are Royal duties you must attend to. The annual Royal visit, though there really hasn't been one since the disappearance of your mother and father. There is one set to be held in one of Elming's high schools, I hope this is not your school, but the event will be held at Elming Heights High as the Royal Family of Elming fund the school.

Along with this letter a ring was sent, this is your Royal Ring you left back home. Signifying your duty to serve and to support your brother, however, this time you are front and centre.

On the 23rd of May at 12:30pm, I have arranged for The Head Seamstress to visit and fit you into the dress you will be wearing for the evening.

In addition, there is a royal briefing held at The Elming Palace before the event. Be on your best behaviour, You are representing not just yourself, but everything that Ethar has achieved and will continue to achieve. You are the sole leader for the entire country of Arden at the moment. Remember who you are, Her Royal Highness, Princess Erin Alicia Victoria Lancaster, Not Erin Rosales.

I wish you all the best.

The Formal Advisor.

_____________________________

"Remember who you are, right." Erin repeated softly, staring down at the paper in her hand.

"I haven't heard your full name used in a long time." The Advisor stated, moving in to console Erin who eventually put the note down.

Erin moved to the other side of the dinning table to pick up a box which contained her ring. When she opened the box it came with a loud and low click, before revealing its small gold ring. Erin removed it from the box and slid it over her left pinky.