~Four~

A/N: I know I've stayed silent about the black lives matter situation on Wattpad, but I haven't on my Instagram (sea._shelbs). In my bio there, is a link to how you can help. This doesn't stop with justice for George Floyd, this is a system-wide thing. Change needs to happen, and it needs to happen now. You can choose to be a cop, but you can't choose your skin color. Don't stay silent, help. 

Self-care is how you take your power back. 

I woke up fully energized a few hours later, no one was in here, so that's good. I looked over at my parents, no change. Studying my mom's face I noticed she had several cuts and a lot of bruises. My dad was the same, except his leg was elevated. I guess it broke in the crash, he never liked wearing a seatbelt. 

I briefly went on my phone, this isn't a vacation so I didn't spend hours on TikTok or something. I just checked my messages. One was from Mark. 

Mark: Hey, I spoke to one of your parent's doctors explaining that I'm your dad's friend and that I can take care of you for a while. Even though it's a lie, I know that they wouldn't listen to me if otherwise. 

Me: What about the social worker? You really don't need to do this for me

Mark: There's no need since I provided proof that 'your dad and I are friends' don't ask how lol

Mark: Karli, there's no way I'd let you go through this alone. I can help so let meee

I let out a small giggle (by the way, pretend Amy isn't in the picture yet, she'll come though)

Me: Alright, fineee :) thank you

Mark: don't mention it :P I'll be at the hospital in an hour. It's not healthy to stay there 24/7, of course, we'll stop by to visit but you need to continue on with your life. We'll go to your house, get your things, and come to mine. Or would you rather just staying at yours? 

Me: Your house is fine, I don't have any pets so you don't have to worry about that

Mark: alrighty, see you in an hour 

I got up, put on my shoes, and kissed both my parent's cheeks as I headed toward the bathroom to make myself look a bit more presentable. I wasn't happy about this entire situation, but I'm glad Mark is going through all this trouble to help me. Would this turn out to be a permanent thing? How would his fans react? I know most of them would gladly accept me, but I know there can be some rude people out there. 

After finishing up in the bathroom, I checked my phone again. Nothing much except a few people checking in on me, Maddie letting me know she can FaceTime to study at around 7 tonight, and Luke apologizing for last night and asking me how I'm doing. I know he can be a dick sometimes, but I'm starting to like him, I don't know. 

I headed towards the cafeteria and got some water, then I left for the lobby. Mark should be here soon. Turning the corner of the long hallway, I saw Nurse Andrews. "Hey, Karli! How are you?" he gave a polite smile. "I'm pretty good, I'm waiting for Mark to pick me up. What about you?" 

"I just got off my shift, as much as I love working here, being on-call is something I absolutely dread. I need my beauty sleep." He sighed. He sure did look tired, worse than I was. A dark blue circle lined his bloodshot eyes, and his hair was a mess. I giggled, "You really do, you're starting to look like a zombie." With a fake offended look, he gasped.