1: Days Ahead

Varian, the Royal Engineer, was currently working on a new and improved automaton. It's been 6 years since he last built one. He was against the idea of building at first — knowing all that happened 6 years ago — but he can't say no to the new Queen.

"Ruddiger, buddy, can you hand me that hammer over there?" He asked, pointing at the very tool he need above the table.

The racoon gave him a nod before scurrying off to get the hammer and brought it back to him.

"Thanks, buddy."

Ever since Rapunzel made him a Royal Engineer, his life had been so busy – not that he's complaning – nevertheless, he's happy.

He's been on this job for 4 years. He can even do it with both of his hands tied behind his back — metaphorically speaking of course.

He climbed down the ladder, the hammer on his right hand and stared at the nearly finished automaton he built.

It was actually King Eugene – he still wasn't used to calling him that – who requested that he create some automatons because it'll be needed as a new security in Corona. Eugene calls it "Super Gigantic Metal-Head" even though he corrected him tons of times that it was called an "Automaton".

Varian knew that one of the reason he was asked to build this was for Princess Anxelin, the daughter of Queen Rapunzel and King Eugene. Even he, himself, know that they wouldn't want a Gothel 2.0 to steal the princess, would they?

Varian jumped when Ruddiger took a leap on his shoulder, comfortable of wrapping it's body around his neck.

"It's almost done, buddy. Just a few more adjustments," Varian announced, a pride smile plastered on his face.

"Varian?"

The 20-year-old man was startled when a he heard a voice from behind. He turned around and was relieved to see Rapunzel. How come he didn't heard her open the door? Was his mind that occupied?

"Your highness, what brings you here?" He asked, placing the hammer back to the table.

She sighed. "I told you to just call me Rapunzel, Varian. There's no need for formalities. I may be the Queen but you're my friend," she pointed out.

"But–"

"No buts!"

He sighed, feeling defeated. "Fine, Rapunzel."

"Great!" She stared at the contraption at his back with awe, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Is that the robot?"

"Automaton," he corrected. "And yes. It is."

"It's huge. I forgot how it looks like after all this years," she commented, the curiosity in her eyes are still visible.

After the battle with Zhan Tiri, Rapunzel's hair was back to being brown — her original hair color — now that the sundrop was out of her system. It grew all the way to her waist. Her green colored eyes still held the same light and hope when he first met her. Queen or Princess, she's still the same Rapunzel who became his friend.

"It's a lot bigger than the – uh, last one I built." He coughed. "Anyway, did you came here to only check–" he was unable to finish his sentence when she started to speak.

"Actually, I'm here to ask you for a favor," she confronted.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked as Ruddiger jumped down from his shoulder to the table.

"I need you to find Cassandra and bring her back to Corona."