2: Decision

"Wait. I think I heard you wrong." Varian let out a fake laugh. "It seemed like you're saying is that you want me to go and bring back Cassi– Cassandra to Corona."

"That's what I've said." The brunette held her head high even though hesitation was evident on her eyes.

"Are we talking about the same Cassandra who—"

"Yes. We're talking about the same Cassandra who was and still is my best friend," she stated firmly.

Cassandra. The same girl who made his heart skipped a beat, the same girl who he almost killed, the same girl who kidnapped him and the same girl that he treasured the most.

Varian gave her a look of disbelief. "Does Eugene know any of this?"

The Queen looked away. "No."

"Why?"

"Because I don't know how he will react. I just wanted Cassandra to go back, I wanted her to be Anxelin's Godmother," she said truthfully.

"Are you sure? I mean after what—"

"I know what I said, Varian," she stated firmly. "I've said this before and I'm going to say it again. Cassandra has changed. You all saw it how she helped me to defeat Zhan Tiri. If she had only stayed and didn't ran away, then we might have a chance to talk about what happened."

Rapunzel placed both of her hands on his shoulders, forcing him to look straight into his eyes. The intensity of her stare told Varian that she's not going to take no for an answer.

"Please, Varian." Her gaze softened — to his relief. "I'm asking you this not as a Queen, but as a friend."

Even with that softened gaze, Varian could see the determination in the brunette's eyes — looks like he got no other choice.

"Fine. I'll do it."