𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐬 (𝟐)

Kairi's POV

...
Kairi's POV
...

It's been 3 years since I've seen Mattia Polibio. I'm living in L.A and I attend UCLA. My mom wanted to move out of Jersey. Once I graduated we moved to L.A. We moved out over the summer, I missed my friends tremendously. Five months later the goons surprised me, they were all moving out of Jersey too. Robert, Alejandro, Alvaro and Roshaun were staying at Robert's dads house.

He was always on business trips and never used the house. It was a great opportunity for the boys. They live 20 minutes away from my house. It's great because it's not that far from where I live.

It's Monday today, the weather was gloomy and drops of water were coming down. Which is very weird for the City of Angels. I made myself breakfast while watching Call Me by Your Name. My first class started at 12am and it was barely 9am.

In no time I reached the ending scene where Elio is at the fireplace crying. I always cry at that scene, wiping away my tears I grabbed my phone. It was now 10:55am. I proceeded to turn off the tv and head upstairs to my room. My room was a bit messy so I cleaned it. Then headed to the bathroom to do my skin routine and brush my teeth.

My outfit consisted of a blue flannel, white shirt, black pants and my white vans. I walked out my door and went to my car.

I got to my destination, my first class was psychology. Before I got to my class I went to the vending machine. I picked up a coke just because of the caffeine. When I turned around, I saw a person who I haven't seen in a long time...

...
3rd person POV
...
The short boy was now facing that Italian who broke his heart. Kairi didn't want anything to do with him. He grabbed his bevarage and started to walk out. Until the other boy grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Hey Kai" Mattia said with a gleam in his eyes.

"My name is Kairi not Kai" The short boy told him  blankly.

"I didn't know you went here, I've never seen you" Mattia claimed.

"Yeah well I don't have many classes since I'm graduating early. Look Mattia I know what you're doing and I don't want to associate with you. I have class in a couple of minutes I have to go" Kairi conveyed to the Italian boy.

With that confrontation the short boy left the other boy dumbfounded. Mattia saw as the love of his life departed from him.

Kairi sat down and pondered about the encounter he just faced a couple of minutes ago. He recalled all the time he cried about this boy. Yet he also remembered the time that same boy made him smile, made him feel loved, made him feel more comfortable in his own skin. That hour where he should've been paying attention, he just wondered about what would happen if he gave him a chance. What would happen? Would he ghost me again? Why did he never come see me?