(18) Final Dress Rehearsal

Otabek's POV

I cannot believe what Yuri said to me...cheating? Really? And he thought I was cheating on HIM with IVY, that's ridiculous Yuri is the most beautiful person I've ever met while Ivy is an annoying and attention-seeking bitch...

I feel really...hurt but what he said. I mean I told him my "playing" days are most definitely over I ever proved it to him multiple times but he still doesn't fully trust me. Honestly maybe I'm better without him.

I want to make things better, but I definitely don't want to stir the pot right before we open this show...and Yuri's concern of me cheating is so minuscule I asked her to have lunch with me...to get to know each other better... I'm an idiot.

My intentions were good though, I wanted to distract from learning her lines so she would be booted and Yuri would be in the show with me. Now I really hope Ivy stays in the show so I don't rock the boat with Yuri right now.

While I do want to apologize continuously and get him back, it's so impossible to do that when he's busy doing whatever he does as a stage manager. We don't have enough time to spend on each other like we used to. Maybe after the show I can apologize but I don't want him to screw me over in the play by dropping the flying carpet or spilling something on my costume or even shutting off the lights during one of my songs. He would definitely try to get his revenge on me in someway...

Yuri's POV

The show is going TERRIBLY. I get back from my night off to see that the actors are totally unprepared and unprofessional...for once I finished everything on time for the final dress rehearsal and little miss Princess Ivy still doesn't FREAKING KNOW HER LINES.

I sit backstage during "Whole New World" to work the flying carpet and honestly I can't keep my eyes off of Otabek. It's not fair. He just looks so hot. SNAP OUT OF IT. He cheated and is staring into the eyes of a cunning bitch trying to steal my man.

I want him back, I really do, but he needs to apologize for this mess he caused. Mila says I really shouldn't forgive him and she might be right, but I can't— "YURI LOWER THE CARPET NOW YOU KNOW THIS CUE" I hear Mr. Kane scream from the director's god mic. I groan...I need to focus on what I'm doing.

After the show is over, it's time for final notes before the show opens. "Guys, I'll be honestly this was one of the worst final dress rehearsals we have ever had. I don't know what to say. Ivy. You have no idea what you are doing. I asked you repeatedly to LEARN YOUR LINES and you simply haven't and I've had enough. Ivy you're out. Yuri you're in, you better know everything perfectly so we can open smoothly" Mr. Kane hasn't even finished his speech and Ivy's out the door sobbing. My face turns pale and I feel faint. I CANT do this especially not with him.

2 months ago when Ivy broke her ankle, I was ready (well not mentally) to step in because I had preparation but NOW it's less than 24 hours until the show opens and I have to do this. Otabek glances toward me, I, of course look away still waiting for a much needed explanation for his actions.

"Look, I know you hate me right now, but we need to get through this. During the show I can help you by feeding you lines and moving you to the right places. I still care about you and want you to succeed so please accept my help. I sorry for-" I cut him off. "Drop it for now, I need to focus on this show and this show only, but I will accept and appreciate your help"

That was kind of him. He could have been a jackass and tried to screw me over in every way possible but he didn't do that. He didn't do that. And a playboy would have done that...