(19) Opening Night

Yuri's POV

The nerves are setting in as I sitting in Ivy's old costume and wait for the house to open. I cannot believe I'm here, Performing onstage for the first time. The whole cast is partying in the makeup room or conversing in the hallway but I'm sat onstage thinking about how I can pull this off tonight. It makes my head spin and my stomach churn and I'm feeling my anxiety getting to me.

"Are you okay?" an Otabek dressed like Aladdin appears from the curtain. I sigh as fidget with my hands and close my eyes. "You don't have to say anything to me, but please don't get stage fright we're so close to finishing this show we've worked on for months. You've put your heart and soul into it. I believe in you and I will be your guide. Even though you told me to 'fuck off' and 'get out of your life'" he chuckled. "I still love you. So just remember that if you're feeling anxious tonight" he finishes and disappears to finish his pre-show warm ups.

...damnit he's too good

The show begins and is near to the end, I honestly don't remember anything that has happened everything has gone by like a blur. We're getting to the seen where Otabek and I— nope I mean Aladdin and Jasmine kiss...I'm not ready to forgive him just yet. Before I can even think Otabek's lips are on mine and it's like my doubts have faded away. I forgot where I was and what I was doing because it just felt so right to be kissing him.

*COUGH* from the audience... shit we should probably stop, Otabek pulls away from me and I just look away from him. I look back at him knowing it's my turn to say my line but instead "I still love you too" I walk offstage I awe of what I said, that was so stupid. We didn't even finish the scene properly...Mr. Kane is going to kill me for that. The ensemble members are looking at me weirdly probably because I decided when the scene was actually over...

The show ends and time is finally catching up to me. I honestly cannot remember when I was onstage...there's only one thing I can remember.

FUCK I'm bad with feelings and expressing them.

I'm finally getting out of this stupid dress and microphone pack; I rip the mic tape off my face for the first time and IT HURTS LIKE HELL worse than a bandaid...I can't wait to go home and never have to think about this again. I decided that it would be better if I wait until all of the audience members have left the lobby; I don't want them seeing me.

"Yuri, great show tonight" i turn to see Otabek with his costume in his hand. I silently stare at him. "Um about what happened onstage, did you mean it?" "No you idiot I thought that was the line..." "Really? There's no line like that in the scri—" then I wasn't thinking again and kissed him not in front of an audience.

"Bye" I pull away and try to start running toward the exit when Otabek grabs my hand stopping me from getting away. "You're not getting away again" he chuckles. "Listen I can explain everything assuming that you now forgive me?" I nod. "I seriously have never seen you this quiet. But let's talk, do you want to go to the cast party? It'll be fun we can just hang and eat food?" I smile, "Fine, dumbass" he rolls his eyes and chuckles as we head toward the exit.

————————————————————————
A/N- next chapter is the last one!! Thanks for supporting this story!! -etl