{16}

Ike was scared the young goth might do something...let's just say something he'd regret. He thought of what to do next. He looked down and smiled. Ike liked Firkle...a lot. 

"Take my hand," Ike said confidently. Firkle looked suspicious but took his hand anyway. The 2 boys walked to lunch together hand in hand. The hallway was empty so nobody saw them. 

Once they entered the lunchroom Firkle let go of Ike's hand. He didn't want people staring at him. He already got enough looks when he stood next to Ike. Firkle hated being watched. 

"So where do you usually sit?" Ike asked. Firkle stared at the ground awkwardly and pointed to table 27. The last time someone sat over there was when Kyle went to this school. 

"Why don't you sit with my friends and me?" Firkle was nervous. Wasn't one conformist enough? Firkle looked at Ike suspiciously. He barely trusted Ike much less his friends. Regardless Firkle nodded. He immediately regretted the decision when he saw 2 girls waving at Ike and smiling.

"Who's he?" Ruby asked in an almost disgusted tone. Karen kicked her under the table.

"This is my new friend, Firkle." Ike introduced. Firkle looked up and lazily waved at the 2 girls.

"He's adorable!" Karen exclaimed. Firkle blushed. He's never been called adorable before. 

"I know right!" Ike exclaimed. He completely forgot Firkle was right next to him. Firkle blushed a deep red. Ike did as well once he realized what he said. 

"He's a freak, does he even talk?" Ruby said monotone. Which earned her another kick from Karen.

"RUBY!" Ike and Karen said in unison. Ruby was incredibly insensitive at times, actually most times. Ike looked over at Firkle who was staring at the table shyly. 

"Look at him!" Ruby basically shouted. Without another word Firkle got up and left. He ran to the back out of the school pulling out a cigarette and his pocket knife.

He took the small knife pressing it against his wrist.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Cliffhanger! Poor Firkle as been through so much. Love you guys! Goodbye.

your friend- max