"Hermione's coming!?"

"Ron!" Harry whispered, shaking his friend awake "Ron wake up! We have to go check out the library for anything on the Department of Mysteries. We don't know what's in there that Voldemort wants so bad." Ron groaned. Harry rolled his eyes "Hermione's coming." He sighed as his friend shot bolt upright.

"Hermione's coming?" Ron jumped out of bed and threw on the hideous red sweater that he had gotten for Christmas from his mom "Let's go, Harry! Hermione's waiting!"

"That gets him out of bed but Voldemort won't, huh?" Harry grumbled under his breath. Ron looked around for Hermione. "She's already there. She goes every night."

Harry suppressed giggles as Ron exclaimed "Why aren't we there yet, then?? Come on Harry let's go!!"

Harry whispered to Ron, "Actually, I didn't tell her about this. She's just studying there every night so I figured we would tell her now. Wait, I need to get the invisibility cloak."

 Ron tapped his foot impatiently while he waited for his friend to come down. When Harry finally did, Ron threw the cloak over himself and Harry, while dragging him out of the Gryffindor tower. They hurriedly snuck into the library, passing changing stairs, secret rooms, talking paintings, and unidentified hexes. Harry was about to remove the cloak when Ron whispered "Hold on. I've got an idea."

They walked quietly up to Hermione and Ron tapped her shoulder. She yelped as she whipped her head around only to see nothing out of the ordinary. But she was smarter than that. "Ron, Harry, please. Just let me study.", she sighed.

"Hmph. You study every day." Ron grumbled, taking off the cloak "You'll ace your O.W.L.S."

"Oh, I'm not studying for O.W.L.S. I'm doing a bit of light reading. Mostly about magical creatures" Hermione walked over to a bookshelf at the back of the library. Harry pulled out his wand and muttered 'Lumos'.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "You're doing it wrong. You have to flick your wand just a bit. No, not so much! You're going to take someone's eye out! Fine, I'll do it myself, since you won't do it properly." She did the spell herself, perfectly, of course.

"Whatever. It's not like anyone cares!" Ron snapped. "Just get on with it" 

Harry took out a big, crimson red book with gold edging and a gold title. He read the title out loud. "A History of Mysteries by Bertha Bellbottom. Perfect! Just the book we need!"

Hermione frowned. "What for? Anyways, that's not the book you want. It's all about the evolution of spells." She gasped. "You're looking for the Department of Mysteries, aren't you? This better not get us killed. Or worse, expelled!" She gave a smug smile when she saw Ron's expression of disbelief. "Oh, don't look at me like that, I know you two too well. It would be in the back of the library." She walked over, picked up an old, thick, leather-bound book with a crumbling spine, and brushed the dust off it.