"Protego"

Suddenly, three small snake-like creatures emerged from the bushes. They had bright scales that gleamed in the moonlight, and dark red frills on either side of their heads. Their eyes glowed bright red and their forked tongues slithered out their mouths, between their razor-sharp fangs. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were amazed. They hadn't seen Basilisks like this before.

Annabeth drew out a long, white sword. It was perfectly curved like it was made out of a bone, but it was larger than any animal Harry knew of. The blade seemed to be freshly sharpened. There wasn't a speck of blood on it like it was brand new. But the way Annabeth wielded it made it obvious that she had used this sword before. Her sword didn't glow like Percy's, but it did reflect the dim moonlight from above.

The basilisk on the right opened its mouth and shot out a blast of fire. Harry had just enough time to pull out his wand and whisper 'Protego'. His two friends did the same. Percy was too busy to realize what the trio was doing. 

He charged, chopping off one's head. Small amounts of fire didn't seem to bother him too much. Annabeth dodged flames that were shot her way. She rolled to her left then drove her blade into another one's back, instantly killing it. Like all the other monsters they defeated, it dissolved into a cloud of dust, but only after blowing out a small puff of smoke from its nostrils. 

Percy and Annabeth glanced at each other. Percy nodded once and they surrounded the last basilisk. It didn't seem threatened by the fact that it was outnumbered and it charged at Annabeth. Annabeth dodged right and Percy went left, and the Basilisk, confused, slithered between them. They both attacked in unison, Percy went for the head, Annabeth for the tail.