my secret Santa

A/N: edited competely.

--------------------------- 

Maya's POV

I woke up with my alarm going off, another Monday morning, today school is closing for Christmas and I'm not excited at all, I mean a whole week with my mother?,  that's just fucking messed up.

Christmas is Thursday, I love Christmas, therefore I always spent it in my room listening to music or reading some good books, i'm usually no the type to read books, but desperate times cause for desperate measures right?.

I got up and put my hair in a ponytail then went in the shower, after my shower I went back in my room, I wore my red sweater with my red sweatpants and my Christmas bow in my hair, after dressing, I wore my shoes and went downstairs.

 grabbing an Apple from the fridge, I know you're probably wondering if Apple is the only thing I got to eat, well if you ask me, Apple is the only food that has no fat, and I'm not looking forward to gaining an extra pound.

I walked out the door with my bag back hanging over my shoulder and my headphones in, baby don't lie came on by gwen stefani, I found myself lost in the music, I needed something like this, this song got me lost in my thoughts, I was singing along until the bus pulled up with that I got in with a fake smile spread across my face.

"merry Christmas and a happy New year Anne", I said to our bus driver.

"Awe, to you too. here I got you something", she said handing me a box with a grin on her face.

"thank you so much Anne but I didn't get you anything", a sad smile planted on my face.

"it's alright sweetie I wasn't expecting you to get me anything", she rubbed my shoulder.

I give her a kiss on the cheek and went at the back of the bus taking my usual seat, 'never had someone so loving in my life, Anne was more then a bus driver to me, she was like another  mother, almost like topanga, topanga have always taken care of me'.   being my  impatient self I rip the box open and found a pair of earrings with a necklace in a heart shaped, tears build up in my eyes, the last time i remember getting a gift like this was from Mr. Matthews,  I wore it to complete my outfit, looking at my reflection in the mirror, a small smile formed on my lips.

when the bus stop, I got up and went to give Anne a big, tight hug, "thank you so much again", my voice crack.

"you're welcome honey, you look beautiful", she said.

I smile at her and began walking out,"merry Christmas again", I repeated turning my head a little towards her, she smile and wave to me with that I step off the bus.

I walk in front of the school praying to Jesus Christ that I shouldn't come home with another bruise, I took in a deep breath and walk in building, maybe today I will be left alone.

going to my locker and putting my bag in, no one came to me so I pretty much find that good, Lucas and I haven't talked or seeing each other since on Saturday he slapped me because I asked him a question, a single, simple question, i'm beyond pissed, i don't even want him to talk to me or even come anywhere near me, that's final. 

 taking out my history test book from my locker and went to class, when I enter in the room all eyes were on me and when I say all eyes, I mean everyone staring at me, imagined walking into a room with almost 100 people and having all of them staring at you, so unconformable.

"wow Maya, you look wow" Cory said with one of those Matthews bright smile.

"thanks", I mumble with a tight smile.