prologue

manny closed up the trunk. "that's the last of the boxes", he said. he smiled, looking up at the house they had managed to buy.

"this place is huge!" yelled aaliyah looking up at the house. the moving from pickering to miami wasn't ideal and probably the hardest for her. shawn smiled, he knew all the things his family had to leave behind by moving countries and he was glad they at least moved into a wealthy neighborhood. they were going to a private school as it was the closest and he was glad- something about public schools scared him.

"i know it is. come on, alessia, aaliyah, lets go pick up the room" he called out for his younger sisters. shawn felt very protective over them, and plans to keep them safe no matter what.

walking into the house, they went upstairs to look at the available bedrooms. and wow, they were huge. back in canada living in a gated community would seem nearly impossible, but here they were. shawn walked into the last room in the hallway and he knew this one had to be his. "i call his one!" he yelled. all the rooms had a balcony, but this one was facing the front yard where he could watch the sunsets. he heard alessia and aaliyah fighting over the leftover rooms. he lucked out.

- -

camila stood up from under the tree and strapped her guitar around her shoulder. she spent the last hour playing some of her old songs, finding this was one of the only ways she could calm herself down these days.

she started the short walk home when she heard some people down the street. she guessed the new house was finally sold and the family moved in. still, she had no plans for social interaction. she got her keys from her pocket and walked into her house.

"how was the park karla?" her older sister, skylin asked. camila looked her way and shot her a quick smile before running upstairs. skylin sighed. it was worth a try.