15

Alexandra's

"So, araw-araw mong hinahatid yung phone niya?"

I'm confused, because she said that it'll be a routine na makita si Evan every morning. Which concludes that everyday Aspen's will give his phone?

"Nope. Sometimes he'll forget it kapag nagmamadali na siya." Sabi ni Aspen habang sinirado na niya ang Car niya.

Naglakad na kami papaosk sa hospital nang biglang naging curious ako. "He still lives in your house?"

She looked at me confused, ikaw ba naman biglang nagka-interest sa iniiwasan mong Tao. "Rarely, he has his own condo unit. Mas malapit yun sa hospital, pero kapag doon siya saamin matulog. Obliged agad, under kay Mommy eh."

I looked at her dumbfounded, Evan Johanson? Naging under? "Seriously? When did he become so obedient." I chuckled and scoffed. Di naman ako makapaniwala

I couldn't imagine Evan would be so obedient. He was force to few here because of his 'out of control' attitude way back in Canada. He's given free will from tita so atleast he could still enjoy the days na dapat maging serious siya.

"Since the day you left."

My smile vanished from what she said. I sigh, I know.

"You know Xandra, if--"

"Yes, Aspen. I know and it's my fault." I looked at my friend who's deeply concerned at me. I gave her a smile as we enter the hospital, we part ways once we checked in.

Pumunta agad ako sa nurse station, Uncle said that he already informed the head nurse about me. I just need to find her once I checked in. He also told me that she's around my age, so it wouldn't be so awkward.

Palingon-lingon ako sa nurse station, it's quite busy today. Some of the nurses is running towards the Emergency Room. Something might have happened.

There's a young man who's busy looking at the clipboard. He must be an intern.

"Uhm.. Excuse me.." he finally noticed my presence and I look at his name tag. "..Kevin? May I ask where's the head nurse?"

He politely gave me the direction and I thanked him. A lot of intern have the privilege to work here.

I walk in the room and saw a man standing and checking some inventories.

"Good morning, I'm looking for Ms. Javier?"

The man have recognized my presence and turn to me. "Ms. Javier?" He asked.

Woah. He had a beautiful deep voice. "Uhm.. yes, the head nurse?"

He chuckled softly from what I said, it seems that he's amused for asking the head nurse. "You must be Alexandra Lee." He put his clipboard down and crossed his arms.

I tilt my head a little observing the man infront of me, is he someone I know? "Do I know you sir?"

He chuckled again. "Miss, it seems like the Chief describes me differently.." he said and that was the moment I knew.. I embarrassed myself on my first day. ".. I'm Mr. Javier, the Head nurse."

I put my palm to my forehead. Why did Uncle told me that he's a woman? My Uncle is practically pranking me, was pranked though. "I sincerely apologise, I didn't know." I smiled sheepishly.