18

Alexandra's

"Mr. Javier?"

The man look up to me as he noticed my presence. Beatrice also noticed me and immediately holds my hand. She definitely knows that she's in trouble.

Javier stood up from being kneeled down and compose himself. "Nurse Lee, what a coincidence." He said and smile to me.

"Mommy, do you know him?" Beatrice said while pulling my hand back and forth.

I nodded in response. Javier look at me and my daughter. "Your child?" He asked.

"Yes, Sir." I breathe in and out. Taking my anxiety away and reminding myself that he's my Co-nurse. "What are you doing outside the playground, Sir?"

He chuckled. "There's no need for formalities. We're out of the hospital. I was around the corner when I noticed her, pouting outside the playground. Also, alone. Kids aren't safe nowadays, especially for toddlers, that's why I kinda accompany her." He shrugged.

I look at Beatrice who's still holding my hand. Watching Javier and Me talk.

"Javier!"

We look at the person who called him. I guess Aspen already paid for the perfume.

"Hi Asz. San ka galing?" He said as they share a hug. Close sila? Sabagay, magkaibigan nga sila ni Evan eh.

"We buy gifts. For a friend, it's her birthday tomorrow." Aspen said as she hand me the perfume and my credit card.

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Beatrice said and pouts while slightly swaying her body.

Javier chuckled. "How about we eat dinner? This little one is hungry." He's looking at Beatrice as he slightly bend down.

"Hindi na. Nakakahiya naman--"

"Oh My Gosh! Good Idea, Javier. I'm starving." Aspen cut me off, receiving a death glare from me.

Javier smiled at our little argument. "Great, there's a near Korean Restaurant around here. How about we eat there?"

We agreed and follow him behind. Aspen talks alot with Javier, from what's happening in the ER and etc.

"Xandra, have I mention to you that we applied at the same time? Kami tatlo nila Evan." Aspen said they were ahead of us because Javier knows the direction.

Di na ako nakasagot sa sinabi niya dahil dumating na kami sa restaurant. As soon as we've settled into our seats, Javier and Aspen ordered a combo meal.

"So, you have a daughter. How old is she?" Javier asked as he's looking at Beatrice na kumakain ng appetizer.

"Yup, I had her after a year of staying sa Korea. She's three years old, turning four this year."

Javier nodded, looking amused. "How about her father? Is he with you papuntang Pilipinas?"

I couldn't say a thing because Beatrice is beside me. She could possibly hear what I would say.

"I.. uh.."

"Well, they broke up. Her Father is such an huge asshole." Aspen said in a whispered volume. She knows that I haven't had a chance to tell Beatrice about him, yet.