17

Alexandra's

That lunch went well, for them. Peter is the one who's Entertaining Evan. Aspen is giving me a glance if she had a chance.

Me? Well, I ate a lot.

A week after that day, has been pretty normal so far. Javier, who's our Head Nurse, assigned me at the Emergency Room which is the busiest place in the hospital.

Work in the Emergency Room and Work as one of the boss makes me exhausted day and night. Buti nga wala akong schedule for night shift. Uncle really consider it kasi I'll work as a boss the next day. I haven't seen Evan for a week too, it seems like we're both busy to our areas.

Lilac's Birthday is around the corner. She said she'll celebrate it this weekend and she said I should bring Beatrice over.

Not sure about that, alam ko talagang we'll be having drinks and as always, it's a pool party.

Bukas na birthday niya, which is Saturday. My schedule every Friday is early naman kasi nasa office lang ako. Maybe I shall bring Beatrice to shop with me later.

I invited Aspen to shop some gifts for Lilac. She said she's going. Uuwi rin naman ako kasi mag bibihis comfortably. Ayoko naka heels na pupunta sa mall, madami pa namang tao doon.

I ring Mama's phone so I could tell her about the shopping.

[Mama: oh ano?]

[Me: Ma, pupunta kami ni Aspen ng Mall mamaya. Isasama ko si Beatrice, para naman makapag labas-labas rin yan ng bahay.]

[Mama: Ok, ano ba oras off mo diyan? Bibihisan ko na ba siya agad?]

[Me: As much as possible Ma. I'll text you later if nakalabas na ako ng hospital. Malapit naman time ko.]

She agreed and we ended the call. Then I texted Aspen if tapos na siya sa clinic niya.

To think about it, my friend is a doctor now. I'm so proud of her. Five years ago, we just graduated in our pre-meds.

I sigh. Buti nag proceed ng medicine si Alexander, ako lang muna tatamad-tamad didto.

I arrange my stuffs and get ready to leave. My pumps aren't hurting anymore just like last time, that's a hell of a day. Kinda worst way to start my work here in the hospital.

I already entered the elevator to the ground floor. It's empty as soon as I entered, the only noise that I hear is the music playing on it's ceiling.

The moment that i walk out of the elevator, I texted Aspen. Letting her know that I'm at the entrance.

[Aspen: Basement na.]

She texted so I just wait patiently sa main entrance. She came after a few minutes and I hopped in her car.

"So anong bibilhin mo para kay Lil?" She asked while starting to drive on our way to our subdivision.

I shrugged. "I don't know yet." I said while texting Mama that we're on our way home.

She scoffed in surprised. "Seriously? So we'll be searching the whole mall just to find Lil's gift?"

"Uhm yeah? That's why I brought you with me because you'll have to help me choose. We've been apart for five years, Aspen. I'm sure our tastes changed." I said to her calmly.