Chapter seventeen

Loretta lay on the bed faced up, her hands behind her a head for a support. Her mind fully occupied with the thought of Kelvin. She was finally experiencing a sting of mother. Jesus Christ! It was such a difficult thing to be.
   It was exactly two weeks since Kelvin got into his new school. Getting an affordable school for the child was a bridge she was glad she finally crossed. It was the toughest thing she had done in her life time.
   After a long time of combining the online and physical search for the best school, she finally laid her satisfaction on one.
   She remembered bolting into the principal's office. It was well furnished in a way that spoke of its usage.

  " Welcome Mrs Douglas" He had greeted as he showed her to a sit just opposite his with a table to demarcate.

"Miss.!" she corrected

"Miss Douglas" He smiled and swirled his chair.

" we appreciate your choice of our academic as the best for your ward. We will try our very best build up his IQ"

  Loretta turned to Kelvin,his  anxiety of getting into a new school was barefaced. she had had a great time walking down to the school with him. He spoke with such a contagious cheerfulness. He had even pouted at a puppy they walked past. She thought it was his way of expressing so much gladness. She was happy she could improve his tranquility.

"Principal Marvin!" kelvin grinned

"when do i get to start?" he inquired

Principal Marvin had a glance at his clock.

" In two days time.."

  kelvins countenance fell. He didn't want to wait that long to finally meet his peer. " Immediately"   would have been a preferable answer.

"...that should be enough time  for you to get ready" principal Marvin added.

"How about tomorrow" He asked sadly.

"That is fully independent on your guardian"

  "Please make me start tomorrow" Kelvin held Loretta's hand and gave it a soft squeeze.

Of course. There was no way she would say No to his cute pleading eyes and his velvety touch.

" You sure will" she had responded,  happy she was able to gain a spot in his heart.

"Thanks, Mr Principal" Loretta shook hands with him and she took her leave with Kelvin hopping happily before her.

" Do you think my mates will be happy to have me around?" Kelvin asked.
  Loretta lowered her gaze to met his. He was ruffled by the thought of not being liked by his peers in school. It was a normal feeling but she doubted anyone would not be happy to have him around.

" No!, i have a doubt about that"
She replied.

" Do you think i will be able to cope with the school's learning standard"

" Nope!, your were born smart"

"what if i get laughed at because of my blond hair"

  " you won't. Everyone loves blond hairs" She replied getting fed up of replying to his endless question.

   Staying home all alone hadn't  been so easy.  She had to get up early to prepare kelvin for school and also help Cynthia get to work.

She was to her plans of schooling now that she had a flowing income. She paused as a smile lit her face. Yea! It was a constants flowing income with a little labor attached. It was the kind of life she had been planning. She was glad she had settled her debt and retrieved her Grandpa's farm house. It was high time she worked it .

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Loretta stretched. She felt a lot better after the shot nap. She had fallen asleep in her thought but it helped eased her up. She yawned and turned left. She thought she heard the door bell ring but after few seconds of rapt attention and no ringing signal she sighed and relaxed. slowly her eye lid were coming together the bell rang again. This time it was louder.
   She slipped into her flip flop and dashed to get the door.

"I am coming" she called out.

"Hi!"  A Man,or a guy. Well whatever could be used to describe a light skinned him, having same height as hers. Brown colored hair cut round,a brown eye that hid within his sunshade, nice set of teeth with an a gap. A closer look at him exposed a black mole just below his lip a supplement for his crystal cuteness.

"Hi" came a lighter voice.

  Beside him was no one. Oh!, there's  was. At a lower level. She slowly lowered her gaze and got sight of her brother.

" oh my!" she exclaimed, her hands placed against her chest.

" You didn't come to pick me up today" kelvin sniffed

Loretta paused. As she tried to process his statement. She was numb for a while, There was a delay in processing and it took her brain time to finally interpret and send signal.
She peeped at the clock. It was an hour and thirty minute late.
Another look at kelvin showed how tired he was. She ruefully helped him into the house and beckoned on the stranger to follow suit.

" I am sorry Miss Loretta, i have to run along" came his rejection.

Loretta turned to him. What was he  feeling like, a super hero. He had the time to stand and return her glare some minute back but he suddenly turned into a busy bee.

" It is not what you are thinking, maybe we will get to meet again next time and probably discuss over a some drinks" he smiled.

  She felt disgusted. Oh!. He was playing smart and cool. Thinking he could woo her simply because he brought home her brother.

"Here. Its my card" he handed her a card.

" I will so much appreciate your call" he smiled again.

  She smiled taking the card from him and walked him out.
" thanks Good Samaritan" She leaned against the door .

" your intentions are really understood but rarely appreciated. Next time you want to help, don't think of it as a prevail to woo " She snapped to his surprise.

" you can also add up a little spice of minding your business"

  she pouted and Banged the door shut. Relaxing  against the door she held her breath then released it after ten secs.

  She hoped her words would keep him away from kelvin. She wouldn't let him build on her foundation . she has done so much to win Kelvin's heart and won't watch him give kelvin the chance of having to choose between her and him.