Chapter Sixteen

" I cant believe you resigned" Cynthia hissed.
She was annoyed, annoyed that after sacrificing For her friend, all Loretta could do was abandon the job within the pace of two weeks and few days. She demanded an explanation for such nonchalant attitude.

  " You had  bettered start explaining your self before i let loose" She snapped.

It was the third time she was inquiring the reason of her actions but all Loretta did was sit on the couch with her head faced up and her eyes firmly closed acting deaf.

  "Oh, so that's it?, Yah choosing making me a fool over giving a reason for yah sudden madness. Isn't it ?" She sprung up from the couch .

  She silently paced around the room, her mood was totally tampered with. Loretta had changed suddenly.
   She was no longer the same as she used to be. Cynthia could swear on her life that something was fishing. She knew Loretta had longed kicked her out her life and built a bridge. She No longer tell her things about herself and doesn't seem to care about hers either.
   Her phone turned on as it cried in it tone. It was Mike. She let out a smile that lighten her face but couldn't go deeper. She had a date with him. Cynthia rubbed her forehead with her fingers, It was difficult to deciding staying back to find out what was eating up her friend and going out for a date it took her series of pleading to fix.
  Another glare at Loretta notified her she wasn't alright. Her Eyes were bleeding of tears and so was her nose.
She pressed the green button and placed the phone on her ear.
   Her heart was broken. It has always been so fragile, She hated to see people get Shattered by her words.
" She had probably spoken wrongly in her words"  She thought .

" You know you can always talk to me, Lorett.".  She wrapped her a hand round her shoulder.

  "I'm sorry, I am sorry yelled at you. I shouldn't have. I know that but i was mad"  She explained hoping to get her response.

  Loretta remained mute as she wiped the tears off her eyes and adjusted.

" Alright!" Cynthia took her hands off.

" You don't need to explain anymore, I am okay with your resignation. It was so Nice of you. You should get something to eat after taking a bath, i have a date to catch up with"  She stood up from the couch.

Loretta sighed heavily. Deep down she was sorry for being such a pain in the ass but she couldn't help it .
  She wanted to explain things and tell Cynthia exactly how she felt, she needed to cry on a shoulder and pour it all out but thought it was better to hold it all inside her.

  It was more easy to tell someone you got ditched by the opposite sex but how will she explain to Cynthia that Louis was the reason behind her resignation.

  She wanted staying back, retaining her job and earning,but the bar suddenly felt strange and empty.

   Since Louis brought her back home drunk after they visited the motel. She hadn't set her eyes on Louis. Her contact was never reachable. She had waited patiently until the previous Night, she suddenly became brave enough to confront Mr Smith but his response was never favorable.

   He hadn't seen her as well. The fear that engulfed her soul was just too much to bear. It was difficult to fathom what was amiss.

" Was she dead?, Or probably kidnapped"  she wondered

"What if something bad had happened to her on her way back"

  She had thought of informing the police to organise a search engine but the story might implicate her. She did not want to be apprehended and get locked up.

  "If it finally turns out Louis was missing. She might get implicated" she thought.

That was why she gave in to resignation and flee. She was so scared but also on alert.

"I needed to make time for kelvin" She finally found her voice .
Cynthia turned and gave her a confused look

"He needed someone to be around him. If I go to work and come back at noon the next day and you go and come back on the second day.." She went on

"It will difficult for him" She explained .

Cynthia walked back to her. She was no longer interested in the explanation.

" That's alright" she tapped her shoulder.

" Whatever choice you make is right"

" No!" Loretta held her hand.

"I don't expect you to ever lie to me" She sobbed .

Cynthia shrugged, technically, she was trying not to stalk her and maybe boss over her. It was something she thought was best to avoid being given the silent treatment .

" I am sorry momma"
" I really didn't mean to snub you" She cried.

"You don't  have to be..." Cynthia smiled .

" It was all you could do. And probably the worst."

Loretta Shook her head. Filled with regret. She placed her kneel  on the floor and buried her head hold Cynthia's  hand.

" There was a thousand and one other option, but i made the wrong choice"

" I am sorry mom. I just did not know how to tell that I got a loan after resigning"

" You did what?!" Cynthia asked in total disbelief .

" Now, yah giving me every reason to believe that you are insane"

"I am Sorry, I should have discussed it with you, but...." she paused ..
  She did not think it was necessary to discuss with her. It was her choice to make not Cynthia's. She needed money to cater for Kelvin's education.

"You know what?!, Its okay."
" Enough of your confessions. I forgive yah every mistake." Cynthia held her up.

There was absolutely no need arguing over something that cannot be undone.
  Kelvin walked out of the room, he was brought back to consciousness by their voices and had been eve dropping on their conversation.

   " Hey, yah awake" Cynthia bent over and planted a kiss on his head.

" i wish i wasn't. I hate to be the cause of quarrels" he replied and ran back to the room .