Twenty . three.

Diego had visited earlier than he did previously. He said he needed to get Loretta out of the prison as soon as possible, hence he had to work harder.

Loretta wondered, all the time, why he had suddenly developed so much interest in helping her.

  " I know everything,  you had  be too conscious about the male gender that  you have been blinded to the fact about life"

   Loretta was amazed. It was difficult to find words for response.

  " I forgive your every mishap. And i am now willing to help. I believe you need a male gender to change your perspective about us"

   " To the case on ground. What do you have to tell me?' He inquired locating his Biro for some record person.

   Loretta heaved a sigh. She wasn't sure there was a need to appreciate him for dimming it fit to break into her personal life.

   " Right, after I realized I couldn't be a surrogate mother, it was confirmed by Doctor Sam. Cynthia offered me an opportunity to take a job that was initially hers."

"There i met Louis. She is my height but had a coloured hair. We became real close. On a particular evening. She asked to introduce me to her friends and i obliged."

  " Where we went to was less of just a clubhouse and more of a sex center. She left me in a room and promised to return but never showed up until late into darkness."

  " I had drank to stupor and was basically without my senses. I only remember her taking me home."

  "How close are you two?" Diego inquired jotting down something she couldn't guess.

  " very Close!"

" I will have to meet her for questioning  and I need you to drop off her contact"

   " we don't talk anymore"

  " I lost her contact details a long time ago"

   Diego wiped his face. He needed to meet Louis at all cost. He needed to act faster than he was.

   " Her picture or any means of identification?"

  Loretta shook her head. She had gotten rid of them all. She had erase  memory of Louis off her life.

   " We will go for the search together!" Diego announced.

  He needed to work with her for more fact.

   " I will get a prosecutor to temporary get you out of here. You would be out as long as no one can prove you guilty with a strong evidence. " .

  A smile raised her chin and lighted her face. She was finally about to be freed. Back to the life of walking without a cuff. With no uniform personnel having to guard her. She couldn't thank Diego enough.

   She could feel a tear escape her tear gland and rolled down her face as she rubbed her palms together. It was the least she could do. Her  voice had betrayed her.

  Diego held her joined palm.

" keep this drama for when you get a permanent release after proving your innocence. Being freed by a prosecutor doesn't stop the society from considering you a murderer."
Diego advised.

   Loretta gave a "yes sir" nod as she watched him packed his brief case and existed the room.

⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮⏮

  She couldn't tell exactly how it happened but he did it. Yes!. Diego kept to his word. She was finally released. It was on her second trial in the  court. Diego didn't speak for her. A man whom she suppose was the prosecutor in question did the miracle. He was really good at his work.

  He had strictly warned Diego against talking him into releasing a criminal. So she had to be sure she wasn't one.

At the sound of her verdict. She jumped for joy. She knew she had not concurred, but it was better than stay defeated. If Nobody is able to prove her a murderer she would be free for life.

   Cynthia gave her a welcome hug, with kelvin hanging on her with his hands wrapped round her neck.

" welcome back" she whispered with so much joy in her voice.

   Not everyone in the courtroom rejoiced over her release. some felt it was partial, as they murmured about it and gave her a look of hatred each time their eyes met.    

  Deep down, Loretta did not give a damn about how they felt but she was going to clear her name to their faces.

   Cynthia gave Diego a thank you hug as he walked up to them smiling.

" That's okay" he said as he gave Cynthia's back a  bro tap.

   "Loretta would have to come over to my place" he announced. 

   The smile on Loretta's face disappeared. She should have known his kindness was to be paid for. She would rather get back into the cell than follow Diego home.

   "Why!" Cynthia asked with an open arm.

  " I was attacked last night..."

  " Holy shit!" Cynthia exclaimed at akimbo.

  "were you hurt?" she examined his hands and chin.

  " No!. But whoever it was, came for my life. I don't know why but i feel Loretta was the reason behind the attack"

" So you want to take me home. So you could give my head in exchange for your life?"  Loretta snapped.

  "Don't  be stupid!" Diego warned.

" It is a simple Logic. If he was gonna kill me for your sake. Then your presence could help us nap him or stop him. "

   She gazed at him. She didn't believe a word from him. Something in her told her he had an hidden intension.

  " In that Case. It will be best you come over. since your place is no longer safe."

   "You don't get me, do you?. or you really want to endanger the little boy's life for your selfish  interest" Diego responded.

    "Your should probably go with him" Cynthia chipped in.

   Loretta couldn't believe it. Cynthia was taking side with Diego. Did she really have to play so understanding as long as Diego was concerned?, Why was she the only one smelling something fishy in the whole drama.

  " we will be coming to check on you darling" she added.

" Alright!"

  Loretta soughed. Again! She had to take another risk to ensure her brother's Safety. If and only if her dad had taken a risk, once, for her. she would have probably been having a better life .