Chapter seven

It was the second clothes she was pulling, Loretta dropped on the bed finally giving up. It was past eight and she hadn't gotten ready for a nine o'clock meeting. She has always had a problem deciding on what dress best  suit an outing, she would then, blame it on her lack of clothes but now it was obvious   it was Her. just Her.

  Cynthia walked in,all dressed up

"How do i look?"

she crossed her legs with her hands raised high twisting her hips to the right and her teeth exposed like one who advertised  toothpaste,repeatedly blinking her eye.

Cynthia smiled,dropping the clothe she held,she supported her waist with her both hands,tilted her head to the right and gave her a head to toe look .

"Like someone who is posing for the first time all her life"  she giggled

Cynthia slapped her forehead
"Silly!" she exclaimed
"I meant how does the dress look on me "

"Oh!" She shrugged

"Give another pose lets ..."

"Forget it !.." Cynthia interrupted

"Why do you still have the towel tied on your head and the other wrapped round your chest ...Gracious!.you haven't even creamed your body, wait a sec"  her  eyes widened

"You're yet to wash"

"I've had a bath but getting what to wear has been most difficult"

"Alright!" Cynthia got hold of her box
"You will wear whatever i choose " She turned the box upside down letting out all the contents

"Here!". She threw her a dress
"You are wearing that"

"Arrrrggghhhh" Loretta cried.

She was making a comparison. Cynthia looked like she was going on a tour in her white with a black line strap shirt tucked in a sky blue jean trouser and a black boot, with her hair packed and rolled into a dough

Cynthia stopped,untucked  her shirt,unbuttoned the last four buttons and tied the tip..
   She gave a smile of satisfaction and winked at Loretta who wondered the necessity of her action

Loretta thought she was looking just okay in her short red flowered step sleeveless gown and her black leather jacket with her glittering wedge sandal to augment.

As they got into Cynthia's old model Converter. Loretta stole a breath and said a little prayer within her. She needed more than a wish to please those guys .

"You look tensed" Cynthia observed as she changed her gear and took a right turn. It was the third time she was taking a turn

" I am worried and a bit of scared" Loretta sighed

"I've been in that shoe,It usually very chilling and hot same time" Cynthia chuckled.

Loretta gave her a side eye look she expected something more encouraging  and moral boosting

"You will feel like turning back if those couple happen to be in any military force or any or both of them  is huge " she laughed

Loretta smiled
"Not funny" She warned. Her eyes already teary. The only time she recalled being that tense was when she attended and intra school quiz,waiting  for the result had seemed like ages, she remembered running to the rest room instead when her name was finally announced for a hot pee.

"one,two,three,four,five,...."
  Her heart was pounding loud,She thought counting it each beat could reduce the tension as She repeatedly rubbed her sweaty palm on  the sit .

"Are you counting your heart beat?" Cynthia inquired in a rather mockery tone
"....six,seven,eight.." Loretta went on ignoring her mockery

"You wont have to go through that stress when you get. You care to know
why?"

Loretta nodded pathetically.

"Your heart will beat too  fast to be counted by you" She laughed .

Loretta covered her mouth with her palm as Cynthia matched the brake at the front of a storey building.  It felt like her heart was escaping through her it .
Cynthia gave her a comforting shoulder massage.

"We are going in there together but trust me i wont speak without permission,so i will tell you this now"

She held her chin and took her face closer

"That couple in there..." she pointed to the big building

"Are desperately in need of a baby, They will do anything,give anything to get one"

" You are offering a helping hand..so summon up a bunch of courage and act as a helper not a beggar. You will be treated the way you  present yourself "

she paused to confirm she had Loretta's attention

"You wont go there,acting like a scared puppy,else they will feel like the big dog and probably bark at you.
You're not going to act like one who is desperately in need,rather you will make it clear that it is a choice to help them. You probably have not thought of yourself as a god going to save a sacred union but that's what you are,so you better learn to act as one" 

She poked her nose with her finger and gave out a soft smile.

Loretta felt relaxed determined not to disappoint she gave Cynthia a sisterly hug.

Quick question 😉

Whenever in your life have you been so tensed,that yah stomach hurts so much ..it felt like your pee was being cooked and you almost let it out on your dress 😁😁😁?

i'll say mine in the next episode😜😜