Chapter 9

Lily

I sat by the lake and I thought of Petunia and I when we were close . My favourite memory was when it was Christmas one year , the year before I went to Hogwarts actually , and we were waiting on our presents from Santa and we each got a bouquet of flowers that represented our names , Lily and Petunia, . It was one of my favourites since it was our "last" Christmas as being sisters that liked one another .

"Hey" I heard a voice behind me .

"Oh um, hi Sirius " I said .

"Whatcha thinking about?"he asked leaning down on his shoulders sitting next to me.

"The times when me and my sister got along " I answered.

"Oh , when did you too fall out?" He asked .

"When I came to Hogwarts" I answered .

"Why" he asked again . What was with him , mostly the only reason he talked to me was when he was trying to amaze me feel better like he did when me and Severus fell out or he was pissing me off .

"Well when I first came to Hogwarts I was good friends with Severus and petunia hated that I was friends with a boy before she was , and I was different than she was and she hated that I was more "special" than she was and she practically disowned me as a sister and started calling me and a freak and we've never been the same since " I answered sadly . Sirius sat forward and patted my right shoulder .

"I'm really sorry " he said comfortingly .

"Thanks " I replied .

"Did you ever talk to anyone about this?" He asked .

"No , well , just the girls and Remus and Melanie but they don't count I mean their my best friends " I answered simply .

"Me and Peter are your friends !" Sirius exclaimed angry .

"Yea Sirius I know but it's just that I've known Remus my whole life and the girls are like sisters to me " I explained .

"Oh... Ok I guess I know what you mean , I told the boys and Lydia about my family trouble " he replied . I always Sirius and Lydia were always a bit close but I didn't think he would've told her his problems over Marlene .

"What family trouble ?" I asked . He knows about my Petunia stuff it's only fair .

"Well when I was at my first year at Hogwarts and I went home for Christmas , my family kind of um.... Well let's just say they didn't like the fact I was a Gryffindor and they kind of let out their anger out on me " he replied . It took me a while to cop on and realise what he meant but then the lightbulb flicked on .

"Oh Sirius I'm so sorry " I said rubbing my hand on his shoulder .

"It's fine and anyway I live with James now and I haven seen or heard of them since I moved out but Regulas told me that my mother blew me off the wall but who cares " he shrugged . I always thought I had it bad with Petunia but Sirius had it far worse .

I was about it say something else to comfort Sirius until someone cleared their throat behind us .

"Sirius can I talk to you for a moment " James asked .

"I was just about to leave " I said getting up and Remus gave me a hand .

I didn't want to hear what James had to say .

James

"What was that about ?" I asked grim .

"Well after Remus went to get you, I got up and got dressed and went after him , but when I was passing by the lake I seen Lily looking sad so I went to comfort her and she told me about her sis....um about something and I told her about my family " he answered then scratched his head and then I knew something was wrong .

"Is that it ?" I asked .

"Yes Prongsiee that's it , god your so paranoid " Sirius said laughing then getting in the middle of me and Remus and throwing his arms around us as we headed back to the Gryffindor common room to go and get Peter .