Chapter 20 (Bonus)

Asami's P.O.V.

"Ginger, can you get the door?" I moaned, burying my face into the pillow. "Please?!" Then I remembered that it was Sunday which meant Ginger and the others weren't coming. I sighed and turned over to face Korra. "I'll answer it... Korra?" I ran my fingers over the sheets that seemed to be still warm from her presence.

I carefully stepped over Naga and Raven who managed to become really close over the past four months. I closed the bedroom door behind me and rushed towards the entrance.

"Good morning, Ms. Sato." Korra grinned, crossing her arms. It didn't take me much time to fully take in her beautiful figure as the clothes she was wearing was very tight and revealing.

"Am I in trouble, officer?" I asked and pointed at the RCPD uniform.

"In contrary." Korra blushed, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Is there anything you need to tell me, officer?" I raised my brow and pushed her closer by the collar. "For example, where you went earlier?" My smirk grew wide as our faces were left only a few inches apart. I noticed Korra tense up a bit but couldn't quite figure out the reason.

"Um..." Korra bit her lower lip, not breaking eye contact. "Asami, I have a surprise for you." She whispered right before moving away. "Not that kind."

"Good morning, Ms. Sato." I noticed Lin Beifong approach.

"Morning, Chief." I nodded and glanced at Korra confused. "Are you feeling better?" I asked out of politeness. I was undoubtedly trying not to hold grudges but still, wasn't too fond of the idea of Korra working under Lin either.

"Your girlfriend still manages to talk me into getting in trouble." Lin sighed and looked at Korra, who seemed to be becoming more impatient by each second. "So I'd say, I've been better but I'm coping." She added, grinning. "Anyway... I'll cut straight to the chase before Korra passes out." She added and glanced at Korra one more time who immediately nodded in approval. "I'm here to talk about Hiroshi Sato."

"What about him?" My heart skipped a beat as I became extremely nervous. "Is he okay?" I questioned, taking Korra's hand in mine.

"He's free." Korra smiled, caressing my cheek with the other hand.

"How is that possible?" I gasped and shook my head in disbelief.

"The Department owed me a few favors for trying to kill me without a reason whatsoever so I've encouraged the Chief to pull some strings and his appeal was heard sooner. He's free, Asami." I was having trouble processing and believing what Korra was telling me. Not only was Hiroshi's appeal heard sooner, but the court also set him free. "Asami, he's here." I looked at Korra who was getting noticeably worried and only then I realized that I was sobbing. "Are you okay?" I nodded, biting my lip. "Do you want to see him?" I nodded once again. "Are you sure?" I've wanted to see Hiroshi again but now that he was here, I became somewhat hesitant. "Asami." Korra whispered softly. "I will be here no matter what you decide."

"Thank you." I mumbled, wiping away tears. "I'm sure." I added with confidence.

Lin Beifong motioned towards a black satomobile that was parked in the yard. The back door opened and Hiroshi came out. Our eyes met for a glimpse second, then he looked away. My nerves getting the best of me, I turned to Korra for further reassurance. She gave me a small smile in return that seemed to be more than enough.

I let go of Korra's hand and began to walk towards Hiroshi. He didn't move nor tried to.

Then I stopped, only a few steps left between us.

We stood in silence, none of us daring to say a word. There were so many emotions that have been suppressed for many years. And we knew that no matter what we said, it was never going to be enough.

"Asami." He said calmly, finally finding the courage to face me. His eyes were full of guilt and fear. And the father I knew was never afraid of anything.

"Dad..." I whispered and pulled him into a hug. He started to shake and we both cried. "I forgive you."

The End.

A/N: First of all, I want to thank all of you for sparing time to read the story. I know it is not perfect and there are some mistakes too, but most of the feedback I received was really positive and I'm very grateful to this fandom. Secondly, some of you kept asking me questions about what happened after the initial ending and, hopefully, I answered the most of it.