Meadow

I was trying so hard to wrack my brain for some kind of reason for him not to kill me, but I was coming up empty. All I could think of was Edward. It sounds kind of sick but what's the point in pleading for a life without Edward? Exactly. So instead of reasoning I just stood there and went to my happy place, with Edward. I remembered how I could never breathe when he kissed me. I remembered how I could never get used to his perfection. But the memories brought pain. No. This wasn't the pain or the numbness I was used to feeling, no. this was much, much, worse. Like an acid covered blade cutting into my neck. Ah, Luarant was thirsty. I thought it was about to die when it stopped. The horrible slurping sound was gone. I looked up to see a huge pack of animals, wolves maybe? No they were too big. As big as horses. I didn't think it through much longer as something was burning. Like a fire, but inside of me. I desperately crawled to a nearby tree, and then I collapsed. I was tempted to scream but I didn't want attention, after all, no humans could help me. 

                                                                                         ***

I opened my eyes to see six vampires staring at me. "Edward?" I whispered.

"Bella? Bella!" I heard Alice say "She's awake! He's on his way Bella, Edward is running as we speak, he'll be here tomorrow." 

"No! Alice how could you?! He doesn't love me! Dont you understand?" I was desperately trying to reason with her Edward would stay with me no matter how sad or bored he was, he would do what he thought was the right thing.

"we'll discuss it later, right now you need to hunt." I was suddenly aware of the burning ache in my throat. 

"ow." I whispered. We ran - the speed was exhilarating - through the forest, me Alice and Esme. Eventually, we caught the scent of some deer. And it was not nearly as appealing as I thought it would be. I wrinkled my nose and Alice giggled. After we'd finished hunting, We went back to the Cullen's house. I filled them in on everything that had happened though I spared them the details about the pain. I would tell Alice and Esme later, they didn't all need to know. Me and Jasper played chess, he buried me, and I spoke with Carlisle about the transition. Emmett wanted to know about the wolves, but after describing their size he said he wanted to hunt, so him, Carlisle, Jasper and Rosalie left. Alice didn't miss a beat, "what really happened after we left?" So I described the hole in my chest the nightmares, the hallucinations, everything. She and Esme looked like they would cry if they could, especially when I doubled over in pain as the force of the hole overwhelmed me. Clearly, that hadn't changed. When the door opened I was expecting to have to tell more stories about motorcycles to Emmett and Jasper but I was shocked to see Edward standing there. His eyes as black as coal with bruises underneath them. I realised that Alice and Esme had left. Crap. I wasn't ready, I didn't know if I would be able to send him away, to put on an 'ok' face and tell him to go and be happy. Apparently, I didn't have to. 

"Bella." He breathed. And just like that, the hole in my chest was gone. I felt whole. And I forgave him for everything. But then I remembered, this angel didn't love me. He wasn't my prince anymore, that fairytale had ended. So I turned away. It hurt too much to look at his face and know that soon enough I was going to have to live without it. Suddenly, his arms were around my waist and he turned me around. I gasped. How could this godlike creature belong to me? I was so shocked that I came up with the most anti-climactic greeting in history. "Hey." He laughed and his eyes brightened. The misery that was on his face had been replaced with pure joy. "Bella" he said again "I am so sorry. I swear I will never leave you again, I love you. Its no excuse for what I did to you but its true. I was tracking Victoria and I'm sorry, sorry I couldn't protect you, I'm sorry I wasn't here when you needed me most, I'm sorry I hurt you. I hurt you so badly, I cant even begin to imagine what you think of me, I am the most miserable excuse for.." I cut him off then, the only reason I had let him go on for so long was because hearing his voice made feel like the world wasn't going to end tomorrow. "Dont Edward. Stop." I had to set him free, the expression on his face was torturing me. "Edward please listen to me. Nothing can equal to the pain I felt when you left me, Victoria, the venom, thirst. I can deal with, as long as you're here. Its killed me to be away from you but, I've also never wanted you as much as I do right now. And I know its selfish of me to ask you to stay, when I bore you with my average life but please, please I love you and I forgive you."

"you dont bore me Bella. You never have, love. I just had to give you a chance at a normal life. Without my interference. It was so selfish of me to take you away from the world you belonged in. I couldn't bear to see you wasting your life on me. A soulless monster you couldn't give you a future." 

"Shhh" I whispered. "You have the most beautiful soul. And what you did just proves it." And although it didn't make sense I believed him when he said he loved me. So, I kissed him. It wasn't as careful as it used to be, but then again, I'm not as breakable  as I used to be. I loved him so much I felt like I could burst. Eventually, he broke away and chuckled. I beamed at him. We sat on the sofa and he wanted to know what happened when he left, I was cautious but he told me he wanted to know no matter how bad. By the end, I thought the painful expression on his face might be there permanently, so I playfully sprang at him. Talking about the past few months didn't bother me now he was here. He laughed but it was still there in his eyes. He could see I regretted telling but before he could speak I asked him a question "What part upset you so much?" His reply came out half strangled. 

"The motor bikes." Ah. I pretended to look innocent so he would continue, it worked "You risked your life just to hear my voice." his voice was quieter than a whisper.

"Well yeah." was all I could come up with. I couldn't deny it, I'm a terrible liar.