Fight

We all stood. ready. We'd left a trail that the newborns would follow. I stood in between Nando and Edward, I looked at him and nodded. I was trying to put on a brave face but I was terrified. Edward must have seen through my calm façade because he squeezed my hand "This will work." He murmured I nodded again. And took a deep breathe, hoping it would relax me, it didn't. Then I made a promise to myself. I wouldn't die. And neither would anyone else. I would make sure of it. Suddenly a flame of desire burst through my veins, burning my skin. Then I heard them. Running through the forest, I tensed my muscles and growled. "That's my girl." I heard Nando whisper. Then they broke through the forest, all in a group. They were unorganised and callous.

We ran at them and started tearing off limbs and burning them. There was a larger one and I looked at Emmett and nodded. I was the distraction. I ran at the newborn and let him chase me, then I heard a crack and gave Emmett a high five. Then I saw a flame of red hair. She was staring right at Edward. Planning her attack. I growled and lunged at her. It was an even fight, we were both fighting for our mates, except hers was dead. "He's dead Victoria!" I shouted "He's not coming back! This isn't going to help." "Its your fault!" She screeched. "You couldn't protect him!" I screamed back. She aimed for my neck but I dodged and climbed up a tree, then I landed on her back. We were deep into the forest now. "He's not coming back, and neither will you." I growled and tore her head off. She fell the ground just as I jumped down. I grabbed my lighter out my pocket set her hair alight, the rest of her body burst into flames.

"Bella! Bella! No!!" I heard Edward shout, then he broke through the trees. "Oh Bella!" he sighed and hugged me. "She was looking at you. She was about to pounce. I know you wanted to kill her but she was planning on killing you and..." I trailed of when I saw his expression "Bella you just killed a matured and experienced vampire." "We both had something to fight for." I growled at her body. "We have to go. The Volturi have decided its time to intervene." "Okay." We started towards the clearing. When we got there I noticed there was a newborn on the floor, I hissed. "She surrendered." Esme told us, "Why?" I asked her, "I only came to get Diego. Then I was going to meet Fred in Vancouver. But she killed him." The girl growled "What's your name?" I asked "Bree!" someone shouted but it wasn't her "Diego?" She whispered the other vampire ran over to her "I thought you were dead." She mumbled "No, I got away." He laughed without humour. "They're nearly here!" Alice called 

"Hella Aro." Carlisle greeted him "Carlisle! My old friend its been so long." Aro replied fondly "I must say I'm impressed. How many? Out of curiosity?" He wondered "nineteen" Edward answered "Not including the creator." He inclined his head towards the smoke in the distance  "Who dealt with them." Aro asked "Bella." Edward told him. "Mmm." Aro mused "It seems you missed two." "They surrendered." Carlisle informed him "There was no reason to destroy them. I didn't want to destroy any of them. We were merely defending ourselves." "Of course." Aro walked over to the newborns "Why did you come?" He asked them, the girl stayed quiet, "I came to get Bree." The girl sighed "I came to get Diego." "I do love a romance." Aro whispered "Oh we're just friends." Diego said quickly, for a second I thought the girl looked sad, but she quickly recovered herself. Aro placed a hand on the girls shoulder, she flinched but Diego told her it was okay. "It seems you two haven't broken any rules. And if Carlisle you're willing to take responsibility for them. I see no reason to destroy them." "Of course." Carlisle told him, he shook Aro's hand. Then Aro gasped and turned to Edward "A shield?" He questioned curiously, Edward sighed "I couldn't read her mind even when she was human." "Could I try?" Aro asked "You'll have to ask her." "Of course. Bella?" I nodded, he took my hand in both of his and concentrated for a few seconds "Remarkable." he whispered, "I wonder if... Jane?" He asked, and a member of his guard stepped forward, "NO!" Edward shouted and threw himself in front of me "Pain." The girl said in a high soprano.

Suddenly, Edward was on the floor writhing in pain, "Stop! Please!" I shouted, Aro put his hand up, "Emmett." I ordered "No!" Edward said, quieter this time. Emmett pinned his arms behind his back, "Okay." I nodded. "Jane dont you dare." Edward snarled, she ignored him "Pain." She repeated, i was expecting the worse pain imaginable, worse than the transition, worse than when Edward left me. But I felt nothing. I looked around at their amazed expressions. I looked right into Janes eyes. And still felt nothing. Alice laughed, and Edward breathed a sigh of relief. Jane just seemed to get angry. "Jane." Aro said pointedly, she stopped and he looked at the rest of his guard "I want to go home. Congratulations by the way." He said looking at me and Edward "Thanks." I said. And they left. "Emmett." Edward said, and ran over to me, he picked me up and swung me round.