Chapter 21

Hopefully the video up top was enough to cheer you guys up in these horrible times. I will admit that I choked on my drink watching it. Enjoy the chapter.

Flashback...

Long ago, when the Kyuubi was first born from the Juubi and chakra was introduced to the world, humans were cruel creatures. The seen the bijuu as monsters, the cause of all of their problems, and so they tried to hunt them down and kill them.

Other humans thought that they would be good weapons that could easily destroy their enemies and so they sought to capture and control them.

However, there was a small group of humans that helped the Kyuubi stay hidden when the other bijuu where captured and placed in human sacrifice called jinchuriki. Kyuubi decided to give these humans a chance and became their protector. He taught them how to use their chakra for attacking their enemies and defending their home. He taught them the ways of his father, the Sage of Six Paths, and they thrived.

They started to call themselves the Kurama Clan, becoming the first clan to walk the Elemental Nations. In the tradition of their clan, they would go out every six months to hunt for the fox bringing him deer, fish, ducks, and any other meat as a way to thank him.

The Kyuubi grew bigger as the centuries passed by and he continued to protect his clan and sheltered them from the Warring Clan Era.

The Village Hidden in the Leaves rose up to become the first shinobi village before Madara Uchiha defected and found the Kurama Clan. The mad Uchiha put Kurama in a genjutsu after killing half of the Kurama Clan as they tried to help the massive fox demon protector.

Kyuubi knew he would probably never see his clan again so he gave them one more blessing to better protect their smart clan, the ability to shift into foxes. After the Kyuubi was sealed into Mito Uzumaki, the Kurama Clan went into hiding and soon they were considered as legends.

As myths.

End Flashback...

Naruto remembered when Kyo had told him the Story of the Blessing, as was labeled in the Kurama Clan library and important documents from that time, and he was honestly surprised. How had he never heard of it before?

He also remembered finding it odd that Kyo's last name was Kitsune while everyone else's was Kurama, even when they were from the same clan.

Kyo had laughed before explaining. "Once a Clan Heir or Heiress becomes the Clan Head, the last name gets changed from Kurama to Kitsune. For instance, my daughter would be Krul Kitsune instead of Krul Kurama. In a way, it states who the Alpha of the Leash is." Krul's mother had died in childbirth so Kyo had requested help from her sister, Rin Kurama, who also had a newborn daughter who was only three months older than Krul.

Gaara interrupted Naruto's thoughts by laying on the bed next to him. "What are you thinking about?" He asked, curiosity shining in his seafoam green eyes.

Naruto cuddled up to his red headed boyfriend. "Nothing much. Its not important."

"Get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day." Gaara hummed.

"That's right. The Chuunin Exam starts tomorrow." Naruto yawned, and Gaara started to pet the soft blonde hair and Naruto succumbed to sleep.