Chapter Seven

"You are doing so good," Sooyoung steps in front of me, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Thank you," I choke out; my voice barely over a whisper. My throat raw from the bawling I did this morning.

I never thought that this day would come so soon. That I would have to stand in a funeral home, while my father's casket sits at the front of the room. That I would have to speak to family, friends, and Bangtan members about how amazing of a man he was. That I would have to grieve for another parent before I had become one myself.

"Do you need me to get you some water?" Sooyoung brushes her thumb across my cheek.

I nod, feeling like I am in a dream.

"I will be right back, you stay right here," Sooyoung gives my shoulder a squeeze before rushing off.

I barely smile as I watch my best friend skillfully maneuver through the throng of people.

Sooyoung's black dress hugs her in all the right places, but isn't too flashy for this event. She learned from the viewing that heels are a mistake, and opted for flats today. She's been by my side from the moment I woke up until now.

"You look very beautiful, Areum," a deep voice that I have been longing to hear fills my ears.

I turn to see Taehyung, looking as handsome as ever in a black suit. "Hi, Tae," I feel my heart skip a beat, and my lips turn up into a slightly bigger smile.

Even in my distressed state, Sooyoung was able to make me look like a princess. My black dress is strapless, the skirt stopping above my knees. I have a black shawl to cover my shoulders, black tights, and black pumps on.

"God, you sound terrible," Taehyung grabs my hand. "It hurts me to see you like this."

"It hurts a lot of people," I sniffle, blinking away tears that threaten to fall down my cheeks.

"You're gonna get through this, I promise," he gives my hand a squeeze. "You have a lot of people around you. An amazing support system. Especially that brother of yours," he turns his head, and I follow his gaze to see my brother.

Yoongi is talking to the priest, probably trying to get the all the small details down. He's wearing the same suit that he would wear to galas, or important outings with our father. He looks like a man that can leader. He looks a lot more put together than I do.

"I don't get it," I shake my head, looking back at Taehyung. "He's so strong."

"And so are you," Taehyung looks back down at me. "Everyone grieves differently."

I pull my hand out of Taehyung's grasp, running a finger over my fading stitches. "Thanks for coming over while Sooyoung went to get me some water."

Taehyung sighs, "You are so stubborn, you know that?"

I can't help the smile that creeps onto my lips, "I think I have heard that once or twice. I'd have to agree."

He runs a hand through his fading orange hair, "Well, your brother is the same way, so I guess it's a Min thing."

"How come your hair isn't bright orange anymore?" I glance around the room, wondering what could be taking Sooyoung so long. "Did you try to wash it out?"

"I thought I would try something a little different," he shrugs. "Let my natural brown come back, and decide what color should be next. So, yeah, I tried to wash it out, but all it did was fade a bit."