Chapter Twenty

I rapidly blink, focusing in on Reo with his annoyingly attractive smirk gracing his face. This is the bastard that I have been stuck on for breaking my heart, and no one had the guts to tell me to stay away from him.

"I can't fucking believe you," I snap, doing my best to keep my voice low. My jaw clenching as I stare at the boy who acts as if he has no shame. "You are the one who hurt me so badly all those years ago. Who made the biggest fucking mistake by doing one of the dumbest fucking things you can do. My heart shattered over a piece of scum that is you."

Reo chuckles, staring at me with no emotion. "Oh, you think that you are the one who experienced the most pain? Did you even remember what you did to me?"

"Physical pain, all that I did to you, is temporary," I roll my eyes. "A broken heart can never be pieced back together the same. It's because of you that I had such a bad view on men."

"Oh, you poor baby, with your broken heart," he mockingly pouts. "Would you like to see the scars that scatter my body because you got a little mad and took it out on me?"

"Are you trying to say that you didn't deserve what I did to you?" I pick up my pencil, twirling it in my fingers like I would a knife. "I held back on you. I could have killed you, but I thought better of it. You hurt me, so why should you get off so easy."

"Don't worry, sweetheart, I don't hold it against you. I should have never gotten so careless."

"You are disgusting." I grip onto my pencil, pointing it at him. "What do you want me to say? Huh? What did you come to tell me?"

"There's nothing that I would force you to say, Areum. I'm on a mission, and you are my target," he leans forward. "I've never stopped loving you, and I made a mistake. We both made mistakes. I tried to make my amends with you, but you never would forgive me."

"Once a cheater, always a cheater," I scrunch my nose in disgust. "You've come all this way, turned into this boy that I can't recognize, so that you could take me away from my family? So that you could take me to a group of people that I know nothing about? You sit there, thinking that all you have to do is act cocky and apologetic to get me back."

His eyes slightly widen in shock, but his mouth stays shut.

"I've spent years wondering why someone would hurt me like you did, and I have shed so many tears over a boy whose face I could no longer imagine. You've been taking over my nightmares," I sigh, slamming my pencil down on the table. "Man, I am so sorry."

"That's it, baby," Reo grins, reaching his hand out to me.

"I am so not sorry towards you," I mechanically laugh. "I am sorry that I had to waste two years of my life with you. I am sorry to my current boyfriend for having to watch from the sidelines when I went through so much hurt. Fuck you, I would never be sorry about what I did to you."

He snarls, pulling his hand back, "You think that you are some big shot acting like this towards the man who will have you in the end."

"I have a group of men standing behind me every second of the day, and I can act however I want. Especially towards a bitch like you," I scoff.

"You'll change your mind about us eventually. It's only a matter of time. You are destined as the princess of the Red Wolves."

"Why would I ever consider going to the enemies side to drop in rank when I am already the Queen of Bangtan?" I tilt my head to the side, doing my best to portray that I think he's an idiot without words. "I am leading the country's biggest organization with my brother, and you think that I would throw all of that away to be some bitch on the side. Get the fuck out of my face."