10

Elijah

"Shake the jitters away," mum said, stood infront of me, shaking around. When I didn't do it, Lauren grabbed my arm for me, and shook me around.

"You're going to have an awesome day," dad said, "The headteacher is going to speak to you, then you'll go to lesson. Have you eaten?"

"Yes,"

"Let's go and brush our teeth then,"

I took his hand, twisting the ring round as we went upstairs. Everyone was making me more nervous by saying how nervous I should me.

We brushed our teeth and then I washed my face, burying my head into dad's chest.

"I want you to take your binder off when you get home, okay? You look really good today bud,"

I wore my jogging bottoms and a sweatshirt, and had put Jasper's aftershave on. Also, I had my beanie on, and my new shoes which I loved.

"My name is definitely Elijah on the register?"

"Yep, I've made sure. We'll catch up afterschool, okay? It's the weekend after so I'm here whenever you need to talk,"

Joining the others, I grabbed my lunch and water bottle and out it in my bag, then climbed into mum's car. We dropped Lauren off, then headed towards the highschool and parked outside.

"Jasper, can you show Elijah where the headteacher's office is?"

"Yeah, I'll give you a tour before school,"

"You're going to have a great day. I'll pick you up after school, bye," mum said, kissing my cheek before I got out of the car.

Sticking close to Jasper, we walked through the main gates and into a large courtyard with four different buildings. He told me what each of them was, then took me to see the library and canteen before the headteacher's office.

"Knock on that door,"

"I can't,"

"Hey, it's okay,"

"I want to go home,"

Suddenly, my heart began to beat fast, and I felt light headed- Jasper slung his arm round my shoulder and knocked for me, then pulled me into a hug and held his head to my chest.

"It's okay. You know where everything is now, okay? And no one has given you dirty looks, or said anything to you, have they,"

"Jasper, stay with me,"

"I can't, bud,"

"Goodmorning Jasper, and you must be Elijah!"

"Goodmorning sir," Jasper said, "Sorry,"

"That's alright, come into my office, Elijah, we'll have a chat,"

"Jasper,"

"Jasper can come too, let's take you out of the hallway,"

Still holding Jasper, I shuffled inside and took deep breaths, shaking wiping my tears.

"Take a seat boys, let's see if we can make today go better than you think. Here's a tissue,"

Gratefully, I took it, and wiped my eyes with it as I looked down at my shoes.

"It's nice to welcome you to our school, Elijah. What's not so nice is that you are so scared! We don't want that,"

"I don't want to be bullied, and-and I'm not clever,"

"Everyone is good at something, and we have zero tolerance for bullying here,"