Old Troubles

A/n: imma try to update more. See I don't know how this story will end. This story is about a broken Naruto. Naruto in this story was abused by his father. Naruto was betrayed by someone he thought of a father figure. This story will be focused on Naruto's recovery. Naruto struggles with anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts. He uses drugs as a coping mechanism. Let's get to the story.

Third Pov

Naruto and Gaara walked in silence. Naruto looked at the ground, avoiding eye contact with anybody. It's something that Naruto struggles with. Naruto has always been alone.

Even if he had his father in his life as a child. Naruto still felt alone. His dad was a stranger to him. His father abused him. Claiming that Naruto 'killed' his mom.

Since the village Naruto lived in is small, rumors about Naruto spread like wildfire. Rumors about Naruto being a devil's child. Rumors about Naruto killing his mother at birth.

But, how can a mere baby kill an adult?

Before he met Gaara, Naruto was alone. His dad was always passed out drunk. His mom was dead. He had no siblings. The villagers would beat him, because he's a so called 'demon'. He had no friends because their parents would tell them to stay away from him.

Only thing that helped Naruto at that age was music. Music was something dear to him. Music made him feel good.

That was before he tried drugs and cutting himself.

A way more simple time then now.

As they walk, Naruto looks up and sees someone who seems familiar. Naruto's heartbeat grew faster and faster. Naruto could hear his heart pounding. He could feel a grip on his throat like earlier. He could feel his breathing labor. But Naruto tried calling down, by closing his eyes and focusing.

"No, it can't be. He's dead. How the hell is that bastard alive?! Ir-"

Naruto is interrupted from his thoughts by Gaara.

"Naruto, are you ok?!"

"Uh yeah"

"Why'd you stop walking?", asks Gaara in a worried expression.

"I thought I recognized somebody", says Naruto as he looks back to see the person that looked familiar to him. But he was gone.

"Who? Somebody of your village?"

"No, don't worry about it"

"W-what? Why not?!"

"Don't worry about it"

"Naruto! You saying that just makes me worried even more!"

"I SAID DON'T FUCKING WORRY ABOUT IT!", yells Naruto in a frustrated tone

"Don't worry about it Gaara. Ok?", Naruto softens his voice.

"Let's just go Gaara."

"O-ok"

The two teens then walk to the place they were going to. Naruto was a bit tense, but Gaara put a hand on his shoulder, with a warm and reassuring smile.

"We'll be fine Naruto. Don't worry. This is to help you. Don't be tense and try to have fun!"

"Ok!" Said Naruto with a genuine smile.

"Haven't seen that smile on his face since the day we met. Ah I just hope everything turns out fine."

Gaara and Naruto walk towards the center of the mall, where they were supposed to meet up with some people.