Spend the Night

Shani Anderson
September 28 1991

I stretched as I was preparing to do my usual jog. Unfortunately this time I was alone since Sammy wasn't feeling well and also had an exam to study for. I fixed my Walkman on my hip as I began to move with Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 tape playing in my ears.

As I was jogging, I began to feel like someone was behind me. I took a quick glance over my shoulder and didn't see anyone so I picked up the pace a little bit. When I hit a mile, I took a break by the nearby bench to stretch my legs out. I looked up seeing him jogging by.

I'll admit I did come a little earlier just so I can see him

I'll admit I did come a little earlier just so I can see him. The night after my birthday, I didn't go back to Pandora's Box, but I saw him everyday when Sammy and I would jog. He would wink and give me a smirk occasionally saying his hellos. I still get shivers down my spine when I think of the way that man did my body.

He stopped jogging as he saw me and I acted like I didn't see him coming over through the corner of my eye. My breathing sped up as I realized he was standing right in front of me. I took my headphones off to hear what he was saying as his mouth started moving.

"I'm sorry, may you repeat that?" I asked pausing my tape.

He chuckled smiling at me. "I said how are you Shani? Where's your friend?"

"I'm doing well.. Sammy is back at our place, she wasn't feeling well so she sat this one out. How are you DeVante?"

"I'm doing amazing now that I can see you."

I was taken back. "Why is that?"

"You've been on my mind constantly since June 7. I've been waiting for when we could talk and be able to do it again."

I blushed. "That's sweet of you but I'm engaged."

"And I can care less." He said keeping his eye contact with me. "Listen, my birthday is tomorrow. Why don't you spend the night with me?"

I looked at him appalled. "I would but I don't think my fiancé would appreciate that. I hope you have an amazing birthday though." I said about to walk off till he grabbed my waist and I was stuck in the same trance he put me in back at the club.

"If you won't spend the night with me, how about you at least come to my party? I really want you there." He said into my ear and again my breathing sped up. He began to kiss on my neck and I let out a soft moan as he bit at my exposed neck replacing it with soft wet kisses. How the hell does he know how to touch me?! "I been missing you Shani. What you did to me got me craving more." He pulled me closer to him as he continued to kiss on my neck as his hands found their way to my butt. "You gonna come?"

"Uh– yeah... I'll come." He chuckled and pulled back from me to look down in my eyes. "Give me your number and I'll call you with the details." I nodded as we exchanged numbers and I continued my jog. Not before he he gave me another kiss before smacking my butt as he jogged the separate way.