Chapter-7

The journey has just begin

---+---------------------++-------------------------&-------------_-----

It's Saturday morning in the Cali. We people call it's Cali for California and the weather has not been amazed so far it had been raining for two days which is not good uh at least not good enough to attend university.

I didn't pay any compassion to anyone well it's not like that I had something to be paid compassion for.

The days passed in bink of eyes and when I opened them again I was on my bed while my alarm was trying to make me deaf. You cannot decide what's up with the weather but I've to move fast. Alisha doesn't live in the hostel she has her aunt and uncle living here and about others, I don't think any one of them is living here.

I took a shower when the notions were consuming me about the students of the University and this Saturday night. That Party is going to start in the evening so they gave us off. Maybe to work out our plans or make us comfortable or to get slow down.. whatever but nothing is on my list I've to get ready for my job as a waitress.

Yeah, with the help of Alisha I found a job for myself not that I expected the money to study. the University is already providing me with that but there are other things too and I supposed it would be adequate if I don't take money from my parents for my self-interest.

The favourable thing is they pay decent and I don't have to compromise with my studies while earning. It is a shift of four hours.

Today is off from University so I am determined to do a morning shift in the Cafe. It's a Paramount Cafe not so near to the University or to be more specific it is 5km away from here. I picked it up because I didn't want to do any kind of job here. Yes, I had my reasons I didn't want to be apprehensive or worse the centre of attraction.

Alisha's Uncle's house was near the Paramount Cafe so when my duty will be off we will be together.

Yes, we have to go to the welcome Party it is compulsory maybe they will also do some kind of orientation there that's why they made it clear to everyone to be there.

I wore my uniform of the Cafe which was a shirt tucked under a skirt. The skirt was knee-length, at first, it made me anxious because my legs were at display but then Alisha gave me stockings matching my skin colour at least they are better than my bare legs.

I had a white shirt and blue skirt looks like I'm back in school again. I combed my hair gently and made a high ponytail then put on my sneakers. Time was already running very fast and  I had to run so, I ran to the nearby bus stand and waited there for like half an hour when it finally arrived, I got in it.

***

I was the new waitress here so they were not harsh on me. well, I'm not talking about the customers the owners or coworkers of course.

Everyone even complimented me on my looks which I hardly get. It doesn't even matter to me anyway. This place is usually a warm place to connect with everyone as it gives you some kind of security from the outside world and the aroma of coffee will make you go nuts only if you are not sane enough to absorb it. Dimming lights can soothe your soul. However, I can't enjoy all this just by glancing I've had to place orders.

"Here, New girl on Table No. 3 now!" I heard a command then I went to pick up the Tray of food, I counted tables row-wise when I finally saw Table No.3 then I realise I was not able to see the faces. they have their backs on me so, I walked there with their order: burgers, shakes and fries( bottled up with sauces). Ah! The smell of food I think I should eat food as soon as I get free.

Really?

Why in all the people they are here?
I saw Sarah, Neel and Sam they were engrossed in talking to each other. As they are planning something or what?
I don't want to do this, but I don't have many choices, do I?