Chapter-14

Eyes are a facade, aren't they?

-+-----!-&------&--&--&&-&&&-----------;;-&&-&&--&&&-&&&&---

Sometimes life gives you an intention to explore aspects and sometimes it doesn't! But what arises When it doesn't?

Neel was being Neel, driving harsh on the road as he is going to hit someone or better going to kill me!

Because I was too occupied in contemplating all the sights outside of my window. To let know the universe about my existence or maybe not.

I have no idea why I am voiceless this time. It's like words are waiting to be out from my mouth but The aura around him can't let it!

His eyes were dark as always.
Too narrowed when they were focusing on something. Suddenly, I heard a chuckle.

It was he! He was chuckling.
I didn't inquire. Maybe there was no reason for me to inquire or maybe I was afraid to accept that he might be snickering at me as most people do.

Then he took out his cell phone and started speaking. Of course, he is acting as I am not here or I don't belong here with him!

He conversed for some time, chuckled again and cut off the call. Still, we have not spoken a word to each other. We both have our pride,  I guess. I didn't yearn for it because he was doing it purposely and he wasn't because?

"Don't drool over me!"
I snapped.

And glancing outside the window. Yes, that's what I was babbling about; he will anyhow find a way to make me feel like an ignoramus.

If I didn't open my mouth to say anything; he will again speak up something to make me demolish.

"What will be our topic?? " I cautiously asked.

He peeked at me, met his eyes with mine then perked up from head to toe until I turned into a jellyfish who would splash anytime soon if he didn't stop this!

And again he started chuckling!
Damn him and his chuckle!
"What kind of girl are you? We are in the car and all you could have thought about our project? Oh, maybe you are doing this purposely to seek my attention?"

"What???" What does he even want to let out?

And at that time, the car has already stopped. We have reached our destination at his house. but I didn't get what he was trying to say?

****

His house was not just a regular house in California, it was a big mansion. Or maybe a palace??? Nah! It must be a hotel? Or maybe a resort??? Oh, I can't even decide what kind of property it is!

he clasped my hand and intertwined our fingers as it doesn't mean anything! But I am going to snatch away,  I quickly slipped it away from his hand. When he was trying to hold it again; the front door opened with a baffling sound.

I saw a maid welcoming him to his most precious house. Suddenly, I felt so small.

The air around wasn't syncing with me and a lot of blossoms of the garden sidelined me by the mere thought of my presence.

The maid met my eyes, and in her eyes, I could see the amusement. The air around me didn't feel so small from the past year's the way it is behaving now.

All I could discern was the white lights in the house when I was feeling black from inside. I was uneasy at the thought of seeing his house. I have never seen such a house like this before, if I could touch something then they will warn me but what's the matter of this?