A ChApTeR 13

Sophie quickly said goodbye to the bewildered group, who didn't know what was going on. Biana filled them in as Sophie, Grady, and Edaline made their way to the cliff outside, and jumped off, skirts and hair flying. She flattened her own skirt and concentrated. Soon, she appeared inside the Councilor Oralie's kitchen, and went and sat in the only chair left at the table after her parents sat down. She had decided not to bring anyone else because of how much chaos it would cause if she didn't pick who they wanted her too. As she sat down, Councilor Alina said, "Ah, glad you could finally join us, Ms. Foster. Thank you so much for keeping us waiting." Sophie glared at her. She glared back. Bronte cleared his throat. "Anyway, everyone, what do you propose we do?" Emery spoke, "I believe that we have no choice... we need to go to the Forbidden Cities. We can't risk catching it here." Everyone shared a glance at Sophie, who sighed and said, "Fine, yes. We should go to the Forbidden Cites. But, remember, I am not a Councilor, so please don't always ask ME to do your job because you can't." Edaline glared at her, practically saying Don't you dare, not here, not now! Sophie glared at her, and turned back to the Councilors. "Ok, how many people will be going?" Councilor Zarina said, "About 60-65. Only about 30 children out of those." Sophie nodded, immediately thinking of possible places... New York was the first place she thought of.. They could go there. Sophie said, "What about New York?" All the Councilors made confused sounds and gestures. Sophie groaned, not wanting to explain the history of the US. So she said, "It's one of the possible places we could go." When Sophie said that, their faces brightened ever so slightly. She sighed. "So... let's all pack?"

Sophie POV ...m

When we leapt back to Havenfield, we were greeted by somewhat chaos. Apparently, nobody had let Keefe know that they were leaving and was proceeding to screech at people. Keefe must really like her... But, when Keefe had confessed to me, I had had to say that I didn't like him in that way.

But, he still tried.

And me of all people! I mean, I was usually too busy saving the world for a boyfriend, but still.

I told them quickly about what was happening. Everyone's parents were brought here. It was kinda awkward seeing all of our parents stand in a line so we could count them, but what was even more weird was that they did what I told them too. "Alright, everyone! We're all packed? Good. I have... 15 leaping crystals! Get into teams, then leap with your things." Everyone nodded. Sophie and her friends took their things, jumped off the cliff, and teleported. Sophie had been to New York to visit her Aunt Marge. hehe...reference...If you don't know what I am talking about, YOU ARE DEAD TO ME. JK! Also, I know she doesn't live in NY.

THIRD PERSON POV

So, she knew where to go. When they teleported, the city was actually still full of buzz. Sophie decided to buy an apartment building. She took her friends and walked over to an enormous building that had apartments for buy or rent. She counted... she needed the entire complex to house everyone... this is gonna be a weird talk with the owner. And, it was going to cost a lot of money. She turned to her friends, and they agreed that for now, they could either try and find an open plot of land to build on, or they would need to get jobs because Dex can only hack so many machines. They decided on the second option. Sophie took her imparter and called her mom. "Hey, mom, we're gonna need to get jobs. Can you tell everyone so we can go out and search?" Her mom nodded. "Ok, honey, thanks for the game plan. Bye, see you soon."

Sophie sighed. Since this was such an enormous city, Sophie made the decision to travel around a bit, and see who was hiring. "Guys, let's move... everyone is staring. I'm gonna give you a bit of a... tour? So we can find jobs. First stop: a clothing store. Let's search for an open one." Eventually, they found an open shop not too far. Sophie had about $3,200 in cash, so they were covered for the basics... and a little more, probably. "EEEE!" Sophie heard. She whipped around, ready. But it was just hyper Biana, who saw a cute dress in the window of a shop. Great, now people were staring and judging. They went into the shop and each got two pairs of everyday clothes, work clothes, pjs, and even formal clothes.