Chapter 35: To Zero

No One's POV

After hearing all about the song engraved in birth, Sakura left Yuta alone to give him sometime alone. Leaving him alone, with Jisoo's lifeless body.

Yuta looked at the body lying dead in his arms, it was the same body of the person that he enjoys to tease, the person that would unwillingly abide his selfish orders just to see her annoyed, the person that would always curse his existence behind his back but would sweet smile when she was facing him, all forced to do things because she can't go against him.

The person that lightened up his dark and lonely world.

The only person that he wants to be with,  his favorite companion and the person he loves to much.

It saddens him too much that he wasn't able to tell her how much he cares and loves her until in her dying state.

After the incident in Japan, Yuta became stone cold and didn't realy care about anybody except for Hina and ways to stop the deity hunting. And at first, he didn't really genuinely cared about Kim Jisoo at first since it was just a request from his friend, since he said through his letter that she's a very important figure. However, as the time he spend together with her, as his maid and his partner in the foundation week, he grew to like her company and eventually falling in love with her because it was impossible to not fall in love with Kim Jisoo upon knowing her.

He wasn't really mad at his friend for using him to prepare Jisoo nor is mad at the Bae heiress being the red and has existed in the current timeline, but he's mad with his whole existence as the black and blams the fate for everything.

Why does it have to be him as the black and Jisoo as the white?

Why does he have to gone through suffering like this?

First, he killed his own best friend for the sake of the whole Japan now, he readied the one that he loves in her death, without having the chance of holding her in his arms, not even once.

Yuta is so much in pain and can't help but to cry because of it.

He then felt someone tap his shoulders,  he look to see Kim Seojin, the brother of Kim Jisoo smiling at him in an assuring manner.

Yuta was so shock to see him that really stop him from crying.

Seokjin seat besides him and look at his sisters lifeless body.

Upon feeling Taehyung's essence, Seokjin automatically cried because he knew that his sister is now gone and had sacrificed her life. He was so shock in the things she said to him that he couldn't stop her from doing what she has to do nor was even able to hold into his sister for one last time.

"Goodbye oppa, see you later, muah!"

"Jisoo grew up as an happy and cheerful child. She's like the female version of Taehyung, because she's cheerful and always lightens up the mood, even though many times she quarrel with him the most. She can't stand anyone being sad that's why smile, you'll make her smile if you do," Seokjin said to Yuta.

Yuta could tell that he was forcing to smile but there was still sincerity in his eyes, that he really wants to smile genuinely and not forced. His feelings is just making it hard for him to, not that he can't relate.

"You know what? When I heard you've made my sister as your maid, I was horrified because that sister of mine doesn't really know how to defend herself from normal humans, so her being your maid gave me the fright of my life because she was literally one step to her death in your hand as a professional deity hunter, the hero of Japan. I remember praying every single day and night so that she won't get hurt from you. And when she accepted to be a spy to be closer to you since she's the only connection that we have to you, I was nervous as hell because for her, or us, you're a walking ticking bomb that could kill her in a snap, so I was so extremely worried about her being close to you as she already was." Seokjin then looked at him, "I never thought I was overacting  because I'm her older brother, and I need to protect her because he's my younger sister. However, seeing you with her, see how she acts towards you and how you act toward and treats her was a major relief for me because you were actually protecting her in my stead. At that point, I know you know that she was a human deity."