Day Three

Sephiroth POV

I return to the coffee shop in the morning. I don't really know why. The coffee is very well made, but I can get well made coffee practically anywhere. Maybe it's the quiet atmosphere or the comfortable simplicity of the interior.

The nervous girl has her back to me when I enter. Today, she's wearing another sweater dress, this one the same shade of deep purple as her shoulder-length wavy hair. Whenever I see her I get this strange, indescribable feeling, and the memories of the shy smile she gave me the other night as she left the elevator and the way she tenderly cared for the cut on my arm yesterday surface in my mind.

"Oh, y-you're back," she stammers when she catches sight of me. "B-black coffee, again?"

"Yes," I reply, heading over to the same table I sat at yesterday.

She comes over and sets a mug of coffee down in front of me. "Here y-you go..."

"Thank you."

"You're w-welcome."

She has a really nice voice, soft and almost melodic. And her eyes are like big pools of warm chocolate. She's...cute. And very tiny for her age. For the strangest reason, I want to hold her in my arms. I really can't understand why. Maybe HE knows. If anyone knows about feelings, it's HIM.

I finish my coffee and pay the girl before heading back to the ShinRa building. Luckily, I find HIM alone in the SOLDIER Lounge. "Zack!"

The young man with spiky black hair jumps to attention, startled. "Ah! Sephiroth! Did something happen!?"

"No, not in the way you're thinking. Can I ask you something?"

"Oh...um, okay," he says, looking bewildered as he sits back down. His leg bounces with jittery nerves. "What is it?"

I sit across from him. "Zack. There is a girl I met the other day. Whenever I see her, I get this very strange feeling. Do you know what it is?"

His eyebrows shoot up. "A girl!?"

"Yes."

"Uh...well...I think what you're feeling..." his leg bounces even faster, "I think you might be in love..."

"In...love?" I murmur.

"You know...like...romantically?"

I'm in love? Me? I didn't think I could love. I didn't think I could feel at all, come to think of it.

Zack suddenly leans forward, blue eyes bright with curiosity. "Sooo, what's she like? Do you know her name?"

"She's...rather small for a grown woman...her skin is kind of a bronze brown and her hair is dark imperial purple...her eyes are the color of chocolate...she's very shy, and her voice...it's so soft and beautiful. And her smile...."

"Wow...you're really in love. And her name?"

"I don't know."

"Her age?"

"Twenty, I think..."

"You should ask her out before someone else does," Zack says, leaning back.

"Ask her out?" I question, unsure of what he means.

"You know...invite her to dinner at restaurant or to a movie or something...a date."

"A date..." I echo. I seem to recall Genesis going on a date with a girl a few years before. It didn't go so well. If I recall, he took her to see a theatrical reproduction of LOVELESS, but he got kicked out because he kept screaming out everything they did wrong. The girl dumped him after that.

"Do it nicely. Don't, like, try to force her to go with you. And if she says no then that means she doesn't like you or she's with someone else, and you should try to forget about her. Also, don't touch her unless she says you can or if it's to, like, save her life or something. It also might be good for us to do a joint date. It'll make things more comfortable if it isn't just the two of you on your first date."

I nod and rise to my feet in one fluid motion. "Thank you, Zack."

"No problem, glad I could help. Good luck," he responds, relaxing back into the couch. Then, he suddenly, pops back up. "Oh! One other thing! You might want to wear something other than your uniform. It's a little intimidating."

Sorry for the late addition. I'll try to make up for it!