CHAPTER 8

I did nothing when I got home but lay down and stare into ceiling, thinking about what happened earlier. It’s already 7:00 in the evening, but I'm still lying here on my bed, thinking the happenings lately between the both of us.

Iniisip ko pa rin kung sinong pwede kong papuntahin sa school! Hindi pwedeng malaman ng parents! They will surely kill me!

I was startled when my cellphone suddenly rang. It was an unknown number, but if I'm not mistaken, this number has called me before, I just can't remember who and when.

[Hi...] A baritone voice spoke.

Decxell?” I whisphered.

[Are you going to sleep?] He asked.

“Not yet, why? Pagtataray ko kunwari.

[Sungit.] He complained, and I'm sure he's pouting right now.

Tch, bakit ba? Tanong ko ulit.

[Are you busy? Or doing something right now?] Nahihiya niyang tanong.

Why? I asked.

[Just fvcking answer my question.] he impatiently said on the other end of the line.

"What if I don't want to answer you?"

[So you will reject me?] His baritone voice is so beautiful so hear. It's like music that you never get tired of listening to.

Natigilan ako sa tanong niya. What is he referring to?

“Tigilan mo ‘ko, hindi kita type noh! Agad kong sagot sa kanya but he just laughed on the other end of the line. Naririnig ko ang impit na tawa nya, nangunot ang noo ko. W-what are you laughing at?

[Ano bang iniisip mo?] Natatawa pa ring tanong nito. Hindi ako nakasagot. [I was asking you to go out with me, and I am not yet asking if I can court you.]

My face turned red. I almost fell off the bed dahil pagulong gulong ako ngayon rito.

Heh! Ewan ko sa ‘yo! Good bye!

[Wait, I have something to say.] Pigil niya sa akin.

Nang aasar ka lang e. If you don’t have anything nice to say, pwede bang patayin mo nalang itong tawag? Mataray ang pagkakasabi ko.

[Wow. Just wow, woman. After the help I gave you earlier, you're treating me roughly again? Why are you like that? I just want to be friends with you but you’re always pushing me away. I’m trying to be nice here.]

Agad na dumaloy ang konsensya sa akin. Ngayon ko lang naisip na sobrang harsh pala ng pakikitungo ko sa kaniya.

Napalunok ako dahil sa naging isipin.

Okay, look. If you want to be friends with me, then sure I can be your friend. Are we good now? I said, trying to end the conversation.

[Not yet.]

“What is it again?”

[Let’s go out tonight.] Anyaya niya sa akin kaya bigla akong napatayo sa pagkakaupo ko sa gilid ng kama. Hindi alintana ang sakit na nararamdaman sa likuran.

Are you insane?! Gabi na! Pag-alma ko.

[It’s only 7:35 in the evening. I can pick you up from your house and drop you off afterwards. Maybe that's enough for you to agree, right?]