CHAPTER 37

DECXELL'S POV

I wonder why Chester wants to see me now. Hindi naman sa ayaw ko, I just don't like his presence.

He called me on the phone last night and wants me to meet him the next day. Sakto, I don't have anything to do right now so I just agreed to end the conversation.

I don't know why but I am annoyed with him. Maybe it's because he gets of her attention. I'm fucking jealous as hell.

"What is it? Tell me now because I'm going to Tiff's house later." Pagmamadali ko.

"So, nagkakasama na pala kayo rito. That's good," tumatango tangong aniya.

"What are you going to say?" Naiinip na ako.

"Gusto ko lang makipag-ayos sa 'yo. Alam kong kahit hindi mo sabihin ay may galit ka sa 'kin." Panimula niya.

"And?"

"And if you and Love are getting along again, please don't hurt her again. She went through a lot when you left her. I couldn't do anything at that time except to listen to her rants about you," he explained.

I was shocked. I don't know why he's saying this now but I just let him talk. I want to know what happened to Tiff when the two of us broke up. I want to know everything.

"Tell me everything Chester, I want to know everything." Saad ko.

"The day you met in Xevera, dapat sasabihin niya sa 'yo no'n na magkakaanak na kayong because she's 3 months pregnant." Si Chester.

Pinigilan ko siya.

"W-wait... yung sinabi mo. W-we have a child? H-how did that happen? She doesn't mention anything to me." Nauutal kong tanong.

I want to be sure. Hindi maaaring mali ang dinig ko.

"Yes, Decxell. You have a child, and that's Brianna. She hid it from you for a long time because she was afraid that you might take Brianna away from her. So when the two of you met again, she didn't let you know. Hasn't she told you yet?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Chester sa akin.

"Fuck! So all this time... ang mag-ina ko... nakakasama ko lang pala without even knowing it? Damn it!" I punched the wall I was leaning on.

"Calm down dude, I'm not finish talking yet."

"How about you and Vien? What's going on between you two? Do you have a relationship? Tell me!" I shouted.

"Whoa, whoa!" He raised both hands. "Hindi malinaw ang kung anong mayroon sa aming dalawa. All I know is that it's more than that. It hurts me a bit because I was the one who was with her through those days, but another man still owns her heart," he laughed bitterly.

I didn't say a word. I just let him talk and explain.

"I don't want to do this, but I need to. You also need to know the truth, especially the pain that Tiffany has been suffering for a long time."

Halos matigilan ako. Parang tumigil lahat ng bagay sa paligid, maski ang paghinga ko'y tila tumigil rin.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"She has a heart disease. Please take good care of her. Because from now on, I'm letting her go. I don't want to keep her with me forever. I really loved her. She's not hard to love, she's too precious."

Ikinuwento niya pa sa akin ang mga nangyari. Kung paano si Tiff pinalayas nina Tita sa bahay nang malamang buntis siya. Gustuhin ko mang magalit sa kanila, pero para saan pa? Sobrang huli ko na.

Nalaman ko rin na siya ang sumustento at bumili ng condo ni Tiff. And based on what he is talking about? They really looks like a perfect family. I envy him. Kasi siya, matagal na panahon niyang nakasama nag mag-ina ko. And samantalang ako? Wala pang isang buwan.

Kaya pala... kaya pala sobrang lapit ng puso ko sa bata simula pa lamang noong una naming pagkikita. When I saw them in the supermarket and Chester was carrying my daughter, I knew she was really mine. I have a very strong instinct.

Chester and I ended up talking and I really couldn't sleep that day.

Kinabukasan ay plano kong pumunta kina Tiff. What's new? Palagi naman akong nando'n sa kanila. Halos doon na nga ako tumira e. Yesterday I wasn't able to go to their house dahil pagkatapos ng naging paguusap namin ni Chester ay halos lumipad ang utak ko sa kakaisip ng mga nalaman.

"Goodmorning po, Tita and Tito! Gising na po ba si Tiff at Baby Brianna?" I asked.

It's already 10:30 in the morning so maybe they are already awake. I smiled widely but it disappeared when Tito suddenly frowned.

"Kanina pa siyang naka-alis iho. Akala ko nga ay kasama mo siya kaya nagtataka ako kung bakit mo siya hinahanap ngayon." Tita said.

"Tiff and I were not able to talk since yesterday because I went to something important po, Tita." Sagot ko. Bigla akong napaisip kung saan siya maaaring nagpunta. "May I go to her room po, Tita?" I asked for permission.

Tita immediately nodded. It looks like Tito isn't here today because the house is so quiet. "Go ahead iho, come in."

"Salamat po, aakyat na po ako. Maiwan ko na po muna kayo rito." I politely said before entering Vien's room.

She has a wide room. I went to her bed and smiled at the picture seen on the side table of the bed.

It was a picture of our two hands forming a heart shape. If I'm not mistaken, it was taken when we were in Xevera.

I looked around the room. Sa tabi ng kama ay nandoon ang crib ni Baby Brianna. It was full of things hanging above it, and there were so many teddy bears around. Kulay pink din ang parang kulambo na nakasaklob sa crib. Pambabaeng pambabae.

Bigla na namang sumagi sa isip ko kung saan sila maaaring nagpunta. I don't know, but suddenly I got nervous. Am I overreacting, or is something really wrong happening right now?

Inside the crib, I noticed Tiff's cellphone. I picked it up and opened it.

The messages on her cellphone were open. An unknown number had texted her about 30 minutes ago. I opened it out of curiosity.

Unknown number:
Go to an abandoned warehouse near downtown.
Don't bring anyone else and don't let them know, because otherwise...
you won't be able to get your child alive.

"Fuck!" I immediately turned back and ran to go to the said place.

I saw Tita downstairs, obviously waiting for what I was going to say. Gustuhin ko mang sabihin ay hindi ko naman magawa because I don't want them to worry.

"Ano iho, alam mo na ba kung nasaan sina Tiffany?" Nag-aalala niyang tanong.

Inalalayan ko siyang umupo.

"Yes, Tita, but I'll explain later. If we haven't returned home after 30 minutes, call the police, okay? Don't worry, everything will be fine." I said and left their house.

I will never forgive the people behind this.